Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Pixel 2

Operating System

Android P

My Question or Issue

Since the latest update, the podcast list is broken. It used to be very smart and show me exactly where I was. Now I only have the option to sort by unplayed or the other options.

Podcasts are like an hour long and I'm always in the middle of one. There's also many episode. So now what I have to do is scroll down to where I was and continue listening from the episode I was on.

This was working flawlessly and now the feature is apparently gone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @bbbbarryc.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Have you tried reinstalling the app? You can read here how to do this. If it didn't help, let us know on which Spotify version and which Android version you are. We'd also like to know if it happens on any other devices.

Hope it will start working though! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @bbbbarryc.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Have you tried reinstalling the app? You can read here how to do this. If it didn't help, let us know on which Spotify version and which Android version you are. We'd also like to know if it happens on any other devices.

Hope it will start working though! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Galaxy J7

Operating System

Android Version 7.7.1

I have this same problem and a reinstall (done as described in the link) did not work. For me, this is happening to the podcast feeds that I am farthest on (episode 150+) (Sawbones; My Brother, My Brother, and Me; Wonderful!; Welcome to Nightvale) but not the ones where I am only on episode 40 or so (Still Buffering, The Adventure Zone). I am listing the podcasts themselves because maybe the difference is the number of episodes in the podcast itself.

I also wonder if this is related to another issue I have had in which, when first opening a list of podcast episodes I can only scroll about 98 episodes down, to reach further episodes I have to hit sort by and reverse the list, then reverse it back to force the app to load more episodes, sometimes twice for longer lists (scroll to bottom, reverse and back, scroll more). Is it possible that because the podcast list isn't immediately loading past a certain point, if the spot you are on is past that it takes you to the first episode as if all of them have been played? Because all of the ones it has looked at have in fact been played. Just speculation, but both of these issues appeared for me simultaneously.

It seems to be working again. I did do the reinstall as mentioned (was troubleshooting another issue).

I can't say the reinstall fixed it or if it just randomly started working as I wasnt paying attention to when it started working, but it seems to be better.

Thanks!

Suggested posts