Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts not playing

Podcasts not playing

Music playlists playing ok, but when I click on a podcast it won't play.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G Ultra

Operating System 

Android Oreo.

29 Replies

This is being looked into right now. You can find the latest updates here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Downtime-December-9th-2021-Issues-playing-podcasts-o...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you!

Looks like this was fixed shortly after the problem started. You should be able to listen to podcasts now.

Happy listening!

MattSudaSpotify Star

This hasnt been fixed for me. I did a clean reinstall, checked for updates, and even tried downloading the podcast first. Not only will it stay at 0:00 it wont even download. I have full WIFI coverage, unlimited mobile data. I even tried turning off the "Download With Cellular" option. Only one podcast works which doesnt make much sense how one can work and all others are frozen.

Hi @MythicCarrot852,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

In order to start troubleshooting this, we'd like to know if this is happening only on one device or multiple ones. 

Also, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one. This can help us narrow down the issue and understand why this may be happening.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am also having this issue. Podcasts won't play on my phone or any devices I cast to. Tried logging out, removed Spotify completely from phone and reinstalled, cleared cache, but nothing works. Doesn't work in tesla either.

Hey @ljdtookie,

Could you log out everywhere? You'll find this option by scrolling down here.

Once you do this, restart your phone and tell us if the issue persists. Additionally, let us know if this is happening with other networks or when logging in with a different account.

We'll keep an eye on your reply.  

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Hello,

I'm also seeing this issue. I did log out everywhere, logged back in and the issue persisted. It seems to be exclusive to the web browser player as it will work on my mobile device but not the browser. I have tried using the browser player with Chrome and Microsoft Edge and it happened with both. I am not able to download the app on this device as this is my work computer. 

Hey @KarenLee1,

Thanks for the reply.

It is important to note, that podcasts containing music cannot be played via the web player by design.

Could you check if that's the case on your end and if not, send us the podcasts you can't play on the web player?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi, 

That might be it...I mean they have intro music and commercial break music...Would that be why? I'm trying to play The Ramsey Show podcast.

Thanks for your help!

The podcasts used to play on Spotify but after one of the upgrades for the app stopped. 

Signing out everywhere seemed to resolve the issue.  Thank you!

Hey there @ljdtookie,

Thanks for letting us know that logging out from everywhere did the trick for you. That's good news 🙂

Also, remember to keep your app updated to the latest version available. This way you'll be sure that you're getting all the new feature implementations and also fixes of other known issues. Don't hesitate to give us a shout anytime you have more questions.

Cheers!

Kiril Moderator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

*Update* This podcast is now playing on my browser player. Thank you!

Hey @KarenLee1,

Thanks for your reply. 

We're glad to know that this is working as it should. 

Remember the Community is here in case you need anything else.

Have a great day.

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Hi, I am having similar problems. I have tried to log out everywhere and it didn't work and I have also made a new account and it didn't work. The podcast I am trying to watch is distractible and the most recent episode doesn't play but the episode before that plays fine. I am using the desktop app and it also doesn't work on the iPhone app and the web browser even though the other episode plays on these platforms as well.

I have the same problem.

I can play music, but distractable and Go! My Favourite Sports team wont play

@NotApxllx @King_Player_ 

Sorry for the trouble. Podcasts should be working now.

If you are still having this issue, please post in this thread that I have linked below:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Random-podcasts-are-unplayable/idi-p/5388220

MattSudaSpotify Star

I can’t play podcasts on my iPhone by my music is playing.  Kindly help please. 

Suggested posts