Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts not playing

Podcasts not playing

Music playlists playing ok, but when I click on a podcast it won't play.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G Ultra

Operating System 

Android Oreo.

29 Replies

I also can't play podcast on my android. It has suddenly stopped playing. and it's only specific podcast some podcasts do play and others won't. I have tried re installing my spotify and signing out of everything that I use it on. Please help

Hey @arthurkenshi_0811,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far, but to be sure that we're on the same page - did you use these steps for a clean reinstall? They are more thorough than a regular one. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If so and the issue persists, would you mind checking on a different device to see if it makes any difference?

Lastly, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of the device involved, along with the Spotify version you’re currently running to investigate further. 

We’ll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi OscarDC

I just followed the exact same step for uninstalling you sent to me for a clean uninstall and the issue remains. I have tried playing the same podcast, Rotten Mango, on the web browser of my PC and the same problem happens It just won't play anymore. 

Spotify Version: 8.7.48.1062

Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra; OS Android 12

Hey there @arthurkenshi_0811

Thanks for your reply. 

Would you mind sending us the podcast's URI? We'll take a closer look. 

On another note, we'd like to know if you're trying to listen to the podcast directly on your phone and PC or if you're using an external device such as a speaker.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1Orkzcnq63SqCyLaDU3EgM

I'm listening using my airpods and some times just my car speaker.

Hi @arthurkenshi_0811

Thanks for your reply.

We tried this on our end and it worked as expected. In this case, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to check if the same happens using a different account?

On another note,  just to make sure, are you able to listen to the podcast fine directly on your phone and web player (without using Bluetooth or Connect)?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, I can’t play podcasts on my Iphone 13 or Samsung, I logged out, reinstalled too, but nothing helped. Please help, I have premium account. It’s says “can’t open this type of link on this device “, but in Samsung it’s just nothing happens when I click to the show or podcast I was listening before… Please help! 🙏🏻😭

Hi @Dankin7!

There was a temporary issue with podcasts not playing that should be fixed now. Could you try logging out and signing back in twice in a row as this triggers an internal refresh of the app? You can also reinstall Spotify one more time to ensure you're running the latest version of the app.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi – I have the same issues. The App on my iPhone 13 refuses to play certain podcasts (BBC content like Hard Talk, shows from the UK) while other podcasts from my home market (Austria) play just fine. On the App on my macbook there is no issue whatsoever. Guys please - I am a premium member thinking about leaving for good. Do something.

Hey @MatVertiser,

Thank you for your reply in this thread!

Would you mind checking with a different network connection to see if it makes any difference? In case you don't have another Wi-Fi available, you can ask a friend or a family member to start a hotspot for you and try this network to test it. In addition, while you're testing it might be a good idea to ask them to log in on your device and see if they'll experience the same. 

In any case, as our mods suggested earlier in the thread, it's always a good idea to reinstall the app when you're experiencing issues. This'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and fixes and will remove any corrupted files from previous installations that interfere with the app's performance.

Do keep us posted! We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts