Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium - Nothing Plays Offline

Premium - Nothing Plays Offline

have been using Spotify premium for quite a while now. I took a break last year for a bit and then restarted my subscription with a free trial offer. I do not know why I have not complained earlier but I have been having problems for at least 2 months now. I had a few thousand tracks synced to my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone available to play offline and had no problems up until Spotify crashed and wiped all of my synced songs. It kept my tracks/albums/playlists as saved but not downloaded. I have since then struggled to play anything offline. It will say that my songs are available offline and the green tick is is not greyed out when I'm online and then as soon as I go offline it says the songs are not available offline and won't play. It's very frustrating and means that I can only stream music at home online and cannot listen to anything offline and/or away from home when walking or running or in the car etc. I have tried in installing the app,  clearing the cache etc several times. No luck, I now have nothing available to play offline at all. My phone will show that it is downloading the songs but when I'm offline, they're not available. Please help!
3 Replies

Hey there.

I'm really sorry about that.

Odd problem.

Can you please re-install app fully and then download content again. It should work.

Good luck!

Jyrziu :d

I've had a similar problem. ive had spotify synched on two devices, a galaxy phone and tablet. initially I had music dowbload to my phone's internal storage and my tablet's ext sd card. a month ago I decided that I only wanted to use the application on my phone and to save space I opted to format the ext sd card from the tablet and use it in my phone. shortly there after I got a pop up type notice on my phone's app indicating that spotify was synched with too many devices, which wasnt poasible because I only ever used two and had since deleted one of them. I clicked the link and proceded to de-synch all my devices and then deleted the spotify chach, data, and application and reformat the sd card, this time from the phone. since then I have twice tried to download and synch music for offline listening. both times, several tracks wouldn't play their full duration and within a week nothing at all. by nothing at all I mean that songs would apear to be download but there was little to no album art available and no sound.

@yougrass23 wrote:
I've had a similar problem. ive had spotify synched on two devices, a galaxy phone and tablet. initially I had music dowbload to my phone's internal storage and my tablet's ext sd card. a month ago I decided that I only wanted to use the application on my phone and to save space I opted to format the ext sd card from the tablet and use it in my phone. shortly there after I got a pop up type notice on my phone's app indicating that spotify was synched with too many devices, which wasnt poasible because I only ever used two and had since deleted one of them. I clicked the link and proceded to de-synch all my devices and then deleted the spotify chach, data, and application and reformat the sd card, this time from the phone. since then I have twice tried to download and synch music for offline listening. both times, several tracks wouldn't play their full duration and within a week nothing at all. by nothing at all I mean that songs would apear to be download but there was little to no album art available and no sound.

Are the tracks you are having issues with local files or ones added from the Spotify server? Can you try removing them from your playlist and then re-adding?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts