Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify downloaded from Amazon requires Amazon Appstore?

Solved!

Spotify downloaded from Amazon requires Amazon Appstore?

Hi everyone,

like it says in the title, I downloaded Spotify through the amazon appstore. I recently uninstalled the appstore because I didn't feel comfortable with it always running in the background, and now Spotify throws me the mesage "It looks like you no longer have an Amazon Appstore on your device. Please install an Amazon Appstore and sign in with your username and password to use this app".

What the hell? I am a paying premium user, why do I need that appstore on my device for Spotify to work? Anybody got an explanation for that? This behaviour just baffles me...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

If you downloaded through the Amazon App store then yes you need to keep it installed for update checking etc. I recommend using the Google Play Store; or if that's not available on your device and you want to run Spotify without any app store services then you can download an independant version which should not ask you for app stores to be installed from here: Android Direct from Spotify Server

I recommend following the uninstall guide linked below to completely remove Spotify from your device before installing from the above location.

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

If you downloaded through the Amazon App store then yes you need to keep it installed for update checking etc. I recommend using the Google Play Store; or if that's not available on your device and you want to run Spotify without any app store services then you can download an independant version which should not ask you for app stores to be installed from here: Android Direct from Spotify Server

I recommend following the uninstall guide linked below to completely remove Spotify from your device before installing from the above location.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks for the reply, Daniel! I removed Spotify and reinstalled it directly from the Spotify Server (as I don't have the Play Store on my phone), and it works just fine.

Suggested posts