Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium features on Android

Solved!

Premium features on Android

If you've got a question about syncing your music offline on an Android device, we have a couple FAQs here: 

Listen offline

1. With an active Internet connection, select a playlist.

2. Tap Available Offline to ON at the top of the playlist.

3. A green arrow will appear next to the playlist when it’s available.

4. Turn on Offline Mode in Settings > Playback and tapping the switch at the top.

How do I remove my offline devices?

1. Log into your account on our website.
  2. Click Offline Devices at the top.
  3. Click REMOVE to reset an individual device or REMOVE ALL DEVICES to reset all offline devices on your account.

Why does Spotify sometimes top syncing offline playlists?

If tracks or playlists aren't fully syncing, check:

• The device is not in sleep mode.
  • There is enough free space to sync the songs (we recommend 1GB or more).
  • The device has an active Internet connection.
  • You haven't reached the limit of 3,333 songs per device.

Can I listen offline on more than one device?

Yes. You can save playlists for offline use on up to 3 devices. For example, you could use offline mode on your computer, tablet, and mobile phone at the same time. If you attempt to use offline mode on more than three devices, the oldest registered device won't work offline.

How many tracks can I sync to my device?

With a Spotify Premium subscription, you can sync for offline use 3,333 tracks from the Spotify catalogue on each device (phone, tablet, computer, etc.). If you're syncing your local files, there is no limit.

Have another question? Post it here and a member of the Community can help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Vi17,

Make sure that the shuffle button isn't enabled in the 'Now Playing' screen.

It's the button that looks like 2 interlinking arrows to the left of the player controls. If it's green, it's on... tap it to disable.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @abili_o

You should keep an eye on the 'Offline devices' listed in your account settings. The same device may be added several times which may make your offline downloads to reset. Delete any duplicate or unrecognized devices you may see and let me know how it goes. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

132 Replies

Why only 3333 ... after that verything crashes...

@thai2000 wrote:

Why only 3333 ... after that verything crashes...

Hi @thai2000 once you reach 3,333 songs will no longer sync but you app won't crash. 

Hi! I just subscribed to a premium account... but since then I cannot play music offline. I have downloaded my playlists but I still cannot play them offline. When I make them available offline it keeps saying 2G/3G syncing needs to be turned on. When I turn the offline mode on, it keeps telling me that I need to download my music even though I already downloaded it.

Welcome in the world of non working Apps .......

App is just so bad .. better use desktop version..

Can I play my local tracks in my Android the same way i can do that on my PC?? I have some music on the phone's memory that i can´t find in Spotify, son can I mix those tracks with the online playlist???

@Karlitox wrote:

Can I play my local tracks in my Android the same way i can do that on my PC?? I have some music on the phone's memory that i can´t find in Spotify, son can I mix those tracks with the online playlist???

Hi, the Android app will only play synced/streamed music. Native files will not be visible within the app, you'd need to transfer these to your PC and create a local playlist which you can then sync back. See below for local playlists on Android:

Please read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through.

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

THE CONNECT FEATURE GETS ON MY NERVES EVERYDAY..

WHEN WILL SPOTIFY SEE THAT WE DON'T LIKE IT ????

THE CONNECT FEATURE GETS ON MY NERVES EVERYDAY..

WHEN WILL SPOTIFY SEE THAT WE DON'T LIKE IT ????

Hi please be patient and polite.
Spotify Connect is an awesome feature by itself!
If you have troubles please explain them in details and someone will be happy to help.
Also if you have suggestions to improve it, please post in the Ideas section of the forum.

Thank you!

Camillo

How do I add a device? I already have my phone added but would like to add another.

Install the app on the other phone and login.
You cannot add a device to Spotify Connect.
If it is in the same network and connected to Spotify it will become visible.
Camillo

If you start using Connect be prepared because it ruins you listening expierience totally ...Read the treathg about it first

Thank you camillo75. That's the one.

Hi! Glad to be in this community!

Does anyone know the reason why when I logged in My Desktop version, it would show something like "The offline mode on this device was removed", even though My offline devices perfectly stay at 3?

Or did it on my app, appearing something like "Can not find SD card", and all of my downloaded songs were wiped out.

Will it be any possibilities of inappropriate use, broken SD card, phone malfunction, or somthingelse?

I'm in 1 month free premium. I really love it so far, very huge database of music. Woo!
Sincerely, Eka Awaludin

Maybe because your Spotify cache are on another device Ms. KyleWang.
Sincerely, Eka Awaludin

Well, thanks for the idea.

I'll figure it out, thanks, ekaawaludin!

the testversion exists 7 days.. Do I have to pay after the seven days or will it switch automatically to free??

Maybe awesome but not if you want to have it working with Airtry. Anyone succeeded here ... ?

Suggested posts