Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New Android user trialing Premium is the last update causing my problems?

I'm not liking Spotify but how could it be so popular with all these issues I read about? I used Apple music on my iPhone, but I want to use Android auto because it supports Waze. Now I need a streaming app. Currently, playlist don't shuffle, request...

• I'm not liking Spotify but how could it be so popular with all these issues I read about?  I used Apple music on my iPhone, but I want to use Android auto because it supports Waze.  Now I n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume Issues New update

With the Latest Spotify update for Android I have noticed a decrease in the Volume of the music, what gives?!?!?! Please fix it!

• Regular
  • With the Latest Spotify update for Android I have noticed a decrease in the Volume of the music, what gives?!?!?!    Please fix it!
  • Danielsc007
  • Regular
  • 168 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 168 replies
  • 18 likes

cache cleared

I cleared the cache on spotify when I uninstalled it accidentally on my phone. I have slow data, so any songs that aren't cached on my phone load very slowly and I can't listen to them. Is there any way to cache them all quickly?

• I cleared the cache on spotify when I uninstalled it accidentally on my phone. I have slow data, so any songs that aren't cached on my phone load very slowly and I can't listen to them. Is there any ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify breaks when I play Periphery Heavy Heart

Every time when I start to play Heavy Heart by Periphery, the Android app breaks itself. The app will go blank with only the background and will take 5 minutes to skip ahead 4 songs on my playlist while on random shuffle on repeat playlist. At first ...

• Every time when I start to play Heavy Heart by Periphery, the Android app breaks itself. The app will go blank with only the background and will take 5 minutes to skip ahead 4 songs on my playlist wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Musicas com som estalando

Prezados, boa noite. Gosto muito do Spotify, contudo desde a última atualização às músicas estão com som ruim. Como se estivesse estalando no ritmo da música. Percebi que a culpa não é da minha caixa de som, já que a mesma música toca perfeitamente p...

• Casual Listener
  • Prezados, boa noite. Gosto muito do Spotify, contudo desde a última atualização às músicas estão com som ruim. Como se estivesse estalando no ritmo da música. Percebi que a culpa não é da minha caixa...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 33 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 33 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution La app no detecta la conexion wifi

Buenas noches. Tengo la suscripcion Familiar y de movil un android, concretamente un One Plus 3. Mi problema es que la app no detecta la conexion wifi (Movistar). Funciona perfectamente, ya que he probado la misma, con otras plataformas de musica (qu...

• Visitor
  • Buenas noches. Tengo la suscripcion Familiar y de movil un android, concretamente un One Plus 3. Mi problema es que la app no detecta la conexion wifi (Movistar). Funciona perfectamente, ya que he pr...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Problem of connection

i have this problem, but i have connection. both in wifi and in 3g it does not work. I have already delete and reinstall the app but the problem persist. What can i do?

• i have this problem, but i have connection. both in wifi and in 3g it does not work. I have already delete and reinstall the app but the problem persist. What can i do?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App just deleted almost 400 songs from my library

So when the new update hit on android(to version 8.4.52.812 armV7) I went to my library to shuffle play my over 2,000 songs, but only 1,600 appeared on the counter. Since there is no sane way to count 2,048 songs(thank god I have a playlist of my ent...

• Gig Goer
  • So when the new update hit on android(to version 8.4.52.812 armV7) I went to my library to shuffle play my over 2,000 songs, but only 1,600 appeared on the counter. Since there is no sane way to coun...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with SD card storage

Hello, A friend has a problem with storing his music library. This one is supposed to be on the SD card depending on the settings selected in Spotify settings. However, the music library sometimes disappears (as if the music was deleted [not moved] f...

• Hello,   A friend has a problem with storing his music library. This one is supposed to be on the SD card depending on the settings selected in Spotify settings. However, the music librar...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android App
    bug report
    bugs
    Samsung galaxy s8
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

"Something Went Wrong" error appearing

After reinstalling Spotify this morning because I wiped my phone, I've been getting the message "Sorry, something went wrong. That didn't work. Please have another go." pretty much all day. After a few seconds, however, the message disappears and giv...

• After reinstalling Spotify this morning because I wiped my phone, I've been getting the message "Sorry, something went wrong. That didn't work. Please have another go." pretty much all day. After a f...
  • Itsameluigi
  • 18 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 16 likes

Run in background / Why ?

Hey everyone, Since the last Spotify update, it runs in the background when open. Normally, I could skip or pause songs from the lock screen, but now the only info that shows up is "Spotify is running in the background"... I have tried deinstalling a...

• Visitor
  • Hey everyone,   Since the last Spotify update, it runs in the background when open.    Normally, I could skip or pause songs from the lock screen, but now the only info that shows ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Dislike" button has no effect

I don't like the band Yo La Tengo. I tell this to Spotify repeatedly via the dislike button (both song and artist). This band persists in appearing in my daily mix. Either: 1) Daily Mix is not updating and/or2) Dislike button does not work What is ha...

• Visitor
  • I don't like the band Yo La Tengo. I tell this to Spotify repeatedly via the dislike button (both song and artist). This band persists in appearing in my daily mix.   Either:   1) Daily...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify reverting to default settings

Every time my phone goes to sleep my Spotify app will revert to it's default settings, and I have to log back in. All my downloaded music needs downloading again, I have to change the download quality and the cross fade goes back to zero. My playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time my phone goes to sleep my Spotify app will revert to it's default settings, and I have to log back in.  All my downloaded music needs downloading again, I have to change the download ...
  • Mrfarnow
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Displaying a song, refusing to play it.

So, i have just discovered that my spotify will display an explicit song, and refuses to play it. However, it allows me to play any other explicit song? I looked through my settings, and the "allow explicit content" button is on. I still cannot play ...

• So, i have just discovered that my spotify will display an explicit song, and refuses to play it. However, it allows me to play any other explicit song? I looked through my settings, and the "allow e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

First song of an album repeats when playing with Connect

Whenever I add an album to my phone through Connect via my computer the first track will always get queued up twice, and most times I won't notice until it starts playing again after it's done the first time around. This isn't a dealbreaker but a mil...

• Community Legend
  • Whenever I add an album to my phone through Connect via my computer the first track will always get queued up twice, and most times I won't notice until it starts playing again after it's done the fi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify through bluetooth in car not loading entire playlist

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue. After getting a new phone (Pixel 2xl), whenever I play music through spotify in my car, instead of loading the whole playlist, it loads just one song. What I mean is, it'll play the song, and show all th...

• Regular
  • I was wondering if anyone else has this issue. After getting a new phone (Pixel 2xl), whenever I play music through spotify in my car, instead of loading the whole playlist, it loads just one song. W...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't fallow artists

I can't fallow artists.if I get back and go again to the artist, they aren't fallowed. I've done a restart, but there is still the same problem

• I can't fallow artists.if I get back and go again to the artist, they aren't fallowed. I've done a restart, but there is still the same problem
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloads suddenly disappearing

My downloads are simply disappearing. I've checked the list of causes that can create the problem, but my device,and SD card are working fine and the app is updated. Every time I try to transfer my songs to the SD card, the downloads immediately are ...

• My downloads are simply disappearing. I've checked the list of causes that can create the problem, but my device, and SD card are working fine and the app is updated. Every time I try to transfer my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes