Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Carter158
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist not working

Just started premium trial. I really like the idea of Spotify but why call it a playlist if it doesn't play in order I select? Is there some way to specify a song order of play that I'm missing? Also if I create a playlist it plays the first song the...

• Casual Listener
  • Just started premium trial. I really like the idea of Spotify but why call it a playlist if it doesn't play in order I select? Is there some way to specify a song order of play that I'm missing? Also...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Use music on spotify premium for YouTube videos is possible

I want tu use the music on spotify premium, for YouTube videos, and I dont no if is possivel...

• I want tu use the music on spotify premium,  for YouTube videos, and I dont no if is possivel... 
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Stuttering when display is turned off

Spotify is playing fine untill i turn the display off, then it starts to stutter on my samsung s6, it plays fine on all my other devices.Ive tried turning of battery monitoring for the app, ive tried clearing all cache and data, reinstalled the app. ...

• Spotify is playing fine untill i turn the display off, then it starts to stutter on my samsung s6, it plays fine on all my other devices. Ive tried turning of battery monitoring for the app, ive tri...
  • juancgallardo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Terrible app usability.

Hi guys, So I've been using Spotify for about a year now. It used to work fine, but the last few months it's driving me crazy. This is on my Samsung S5. The faults: - when opening the app I just get a black screen sometimes. - when I select one of my...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,   So I've been using Spotify for about a year now. It used to work fine, but the last few months it's driving me crazy. This is on my Samsung S5.    The faults:  &nb...
  • Mc-bonio
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Codes Don't Display

It's just like the title says. I'm on an Android phone with the app fully updated, yet for some reason I can't access or use existing Spotify codes. Please help.

• It's just like the title says. I'm on an Android phone with the app fully updated, yet for some reason I can't access or use existing Spotify codes. Please help.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

oh shoot

lolz never mind, idk how to delete this.

• lolz never mind, idk how to delete this.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Created Playlists Don't Shuffle

The playlists I create and any other playlist don't shuffle even when I hit the shuffle button. It causes me to hear the same songs or to use up all my skips.

• Casual Listener
  • The playlists I create and any other playlist don't shuffle even when I hit the shuffle button. It causes me to hear the same songs or to use up all my skips.
  • DavidKeesler
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify voice control on Samsung S7

Have integrated Spotify with Google assistant and can start playlists etc, but then GA will not Acton on any further commands either in Spotify or not until spotify is manually closed

• Have integrated Spotify with Google assistant and can start playlists etc, but then GA will not Acton on any further commands either in Spotify or not until spotify is manually closed 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs not staying downloaded on phone

Recently got a new sony xperia xz1. It seems everytime I close the spotify app the songs saved in 'Your songs' become undownloaded - on further testing it seems that losing connection to the internet also plays a part in this. I have to hit the downl...

• Recently got a new sony xperia xz1. It seems everytime I close the spotify app the  songs saved in 'Your songs' become undownloaded - on further testing it seems that losing connection to the in...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search problem closes app

HiWhen I type into the search window the app completely closes. Any help would be appreciatedThanks

• Hi When I type into the search window the app completely closes. Any help would be appreciated Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Filter Pop-up

Whenever I open my artists tab in my library a white list appears in the left hand corner of the screen saying:Home - WIWork - WIWhat is this? Can I turn it off?

• Whenever I open my artists tab in my library a white list appears in the left hand corner of the screen saying: Home - WI Work - WI What is this? Can I turn it off?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Komplett voll - in der Bibliothek auch kein Platz mehr

Hey,beim versuch ein Hörbuch herunterzuladen kommt o.g. Fehlermeldung.App reseten, Daten und Cache leeren bringt nichts.

Screenshot_2017-11-20-19-22-53.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hey, beim versuch ein Hörbuch herunterzuladen kommt o.g. Fehlermeldung. App reseten, Daten und Cache leeren bringt nichts.    
  • jenndeck
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

'Songs' download button

What kind of design choice is that? Putting the button where you can accidentally press it and delete ALL your music. There isn't even an warning nothing it just deletes all the songs... Thanks Spotify

• What kind of design choice is that? Putting the button where you can accidentally press it and delete ALL your music. There isn't even an warning nothing it just deletes all the songs... Thanks Spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Filters dont work

Hey, I am using spotify on my android phone. The filters for downloads always worked fine but for some time now when I want to use them a image shows up where they tell me that if I use filters then some of the songs are not shown (in german). And my...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, I am using spotify on my android phone. The filters for downloads always worked fine but for some time now when I want to use them a image shows up where they tell me that if I use filters then ...
  • fotzykotzy
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Gear Sport online music

I'm thinking of getting the sport, but want to know if the spotify app works (the online shuffle parts) if I don't have a premium spotify account. I don't need to download the playlists or songs, just wanna play on Wi-Fi.Also, for this function to wo...

• I'm thinking of getting the sport, but want to know if the spotify app works (the online shuffle parts) if I don't have a premium spotify account. I don't need to download the playlists or songs, jus...
  • Lars13
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shazam doesn't show all playlists from Spotify

When hearing a great song in Shazam, I can tab the upper most (+) icon, and choose "Add to... Spotify Playlist".However, not all playlists are shown. It appears that lists I share or list I can make contributions to are not shown (as well as playlist...

• When hearing a great song in Shazam, I can tab the upper most (+) icon, and choose "Add to... Spotify Playlist". However, not all playlists are shown. It appears that lists I share or list I can mak...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lowers volume when I get notifications

I'm pretty sure that this is not a spotify problem but an android problem, but it's very annoying. Whenever I get a notification, the volume goes down for a bit and then goes back up. I just updated to Android 8.0.0 and after that it started happenin...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm pretty sure that this is not a spotify problem but an android problem, but it's very annoying. Whenever I get a notification, the volume goes down for a bit and then goes back up. I just updated ...
  • NegZero
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution VPN not working when logging in

I don't live where Spotify has officially released yet, so I use Tunnelbear VPN when logging into spotify.Normally I would log in through my facebook account, with my VPN on.I always ensure that my location's set to Canada, where I first got my accou...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't live where Spotify has officially released yet, so I use Tunnelbear VPN when logging into spotify. Normally I would log in through my facebook account, with my VPN on. I always ensure that ...
  • Cloudymagic
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't stop it from downloading playlists on Data

I have several playlists set to be available offline, but I have my settings set to NOT download on my data. However, it keeps downloading these playlists when I am away from wifi. What can I do to make it only download when I am on wifi, not my data...

• Casual Listener
  • I have several playlists set to be available offline, but I have my settings set to NOT download on my data. However, it keeps downloading these playlists when I am away from wifi. What can I do to m...
  • Naerob
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Allow to download all playlist at once on Android APP

Please add the possibility to download all playlist at once on android, or at least as we can do on Desktop app to download an entire folder.

• Please add the possibility to download all playlist at once on android, or at least as we can do on Desktop app to download an entire folder.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes