Announcements

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Mobile (Android) Last.fm Error - Mobile APP won't scrobble

My last.fm scrobbling used to work just fine on my phone until about a month ago. Now it won't scrobble anything and everytime I go in to put my username and password it gives me a notification that says "Last.fm Error - wrong username or password". ...

• Casual Listener
  • My last.fm scrobbling used to work just fine on my phone until about a month ago. Now it won't scrobble anything and everytime I go in to put my username and password it gives me a notification that ...
  • Summer7
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs saved on sd card disconnected and lost

I have an SD card which I download all of my spotify playlists to so I can listen offline, but my SD card recently disconnected, resulting in all of my songs no longer being available offline. They still seem to be on the SD card though as the space ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an SD card which I download all of my spotify playlists to so I can listen offline, but my SD card recently disconnected, resulting in all of my songs no longer being available offline. They s...
  • Kauo
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

p

hey i have a problem.. while i listen a song for example perfect.Ed start another song that i didn’t chose..why? thank

• hey i have a problem.. while i listen a song for example perfect.Ed start another song that i didn’t chose..why? thank 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Syncing error - "no space left on device"

I recently did a reset on my phone and now have Spotify syncing to my SD card. Music has been syncing correctly but after a while (such as when I tried to sync another playlist today) I get the following error. "Syncing error Offline syncing has stop...

• Music Fan
  • I recently did a reset on my phone and now have Spotify syncing to my SD card. Music has been syncing correctly but after a while (such as when I tried to sync another playlist today)  I get th...
  • Barquero_92
  • 54 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 54 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs keep skipping like a broken CD when phone is locked

Whenever I lock my phone the music starts like skipping or stuttering and I've looked up about fixing this and it says turn off "WiFi optimization" in the settings but this literally isn't in my settings. I have a galaxy s6 edge if that helps but can...

• Whenever I lock my phone the music starts like skipping or stuttering and I've looked up about fixing this and it says turn off "WiFi optimization" in the settings but this literally isn't in my sett...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Play

Question: Do I actually have to buy a premium account just to listen to my music in order? As a person who doesn't have the money to pay for the 10 dollars (or whatever it was) a month just so I can listen to an album in the correct order. It's infur...

• Casual Listener
  • Question: Do I actually have to buy a premium account just to listen to my music in order? As a person who doesn't have the money to pay for the 10 dollars (or whatever it was) a month just so I can ...
  • star94
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How does Spotify detect that it is a BMW 7 series?

Hi,There are many posts on how BMW owners are having stability issues with ConnectedDrive, including one from a BMW engineer who has tested it with other models, and confirming the same hardware (used in 7 series) is used in these models. The reply f...

• Hi, There are many posts on how BMW owners are having stability issues with ConnectedDrive, including one from a BMW engineer who has tested it with other models, and confirming the same hardware (u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Zahlung auf Handyrechnung

Hallo zusammen! Ich moechte mit der Zahlungsmethode Zahlung auf Rechnung mir Premium hole aber es geht irgendwas nicht bzw. ich finde die option gar nicht

• Hallo zusammen! Ich moechte mit der Zahlungsmethode Zahlung auf Rechnung mir Premium hole aber es geht irgendwas nicht bzw. ich finde die option gar nicht
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Chromecast volume control while Spotify is running in background - GONE!!

For a copule of days now I haven't been able to control the volume of Spotify on Chromecast while the app is in the background. It only works while the app is in the foreground. This has always worked until now. I'm still able to use the volume contr...

20170202_194718.png
  • Gig Goer
  • For a copule of days now I haven't been able to control the volume of Spotify on Chromecast while the app is in the background. It only works while the app is in the foreground. This has always worke...
  • handfix
  • 52 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 52 replies
  • 15 likes

Latest update 8.4.37.571 armV7: Spotify connect not working?

Hi, It seems that since this morning update Spotify Connect have some problems. Sonos speakers do not exist anymore and casting to chromecast dongle does not work. Is there some problem on the Spotify Connect side? Thank you Camillo

• Community Legend
  • Hi,  It seems that since this morning update Spotify Connect have some problems.    Sonos speakers do not exist anymore and casting to chromecast dongle does not work.   ...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Remove Download option missing from Android App version 8.4.32.623 armV7

I have a Moto Z Force Droid running Android 7.1.1 and Spotify App version 8.4.32.623 armV7.I have playlists that are downloaded.When I press the menu button next to any of these playlists, there is a Download option but no Remove Download option.I ha...

• Regular
  • I have a Moto Z Force Droid running Android 7.1.1 and Spotify App version 8.4.32.623 armV7. I have playlists that are downloaded. When I press the menu button next to any of these playlists, there ...
  • thorzyleif
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify doesn't work properly on my BQ tablet

Hi, since I downloaded Spotify for my BQ tablet, it has had several problems. Sometimes it can't work when connected to wi-fi, and it also stops when playing a song or when it goes to other song for no reason and you have to wait some minutes (someti...

• Hi, since I downloaded Spotify for my BQ tablet, it has had several problems. Sometimes it can't work when connected to wi-fi, and it also stops when playing a song or when it goes to other song for ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No internet connection after new router

Hi I changed our router yesterday and now I am not able to connect to Spotify (the rest of tings running on our wifi is working fine. I have tried to reinstall the Spotify app and now I'm not even able to wifi log in to Spotify. It just says there is...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi  I changed our router yesterday and now I am not able to connect to Spotify (the rest of tings running on  our wifi is working fine.    I have tried to reinstall the Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

I want the like button alongside other controls in notification/locked bar.

Right now there's only previous, pause/play, and forward. I hate having to unlock my device and pull up the app to like a song.

• Right now there's only previous, pause/play, and forward. I hate having to unlock my device and pull up the app to like a song.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download Spotify from Google Play

I'm trying to get Spotify to my daughter. I have exactly the same type of phone, Huawei P8 Lite. I have Spotify and it's working fine. When trying to download it to my daughter I receive an error that tells that there is some "content filter level is...

• I'm trying to get Spotify to my daughter. I have exactly the same type of phone, Huawei P8 Lite. I have Spotify and it's working fine. When trying to download it to my daughter I receive an error tha...
  • PS333
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can not link my account to facebook

HiI tried to share my playlist on facebook but there is a message that my account on spoitfy is linked to another account. I do not even know what it means. I have always had this account, but spoitfy can not connect me to facebook. RegardsRicky Sind...

• Hi I tried to share my playlist on facebook but there is a message that my account on spoitfy is linked to another account. I do not even know what it means. I have always had this account, but spoi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Add support for Google ChromeCast

Spotify will not cast to either Chromcast device from my Android after I linked the app to my PS4. It seems I also can not forget a connected device.

• Spotify will not cast to either Chromcast device from my Android after I linked the app to my PS4. It seems I also can not forget a connected device.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I stop shuffle in a playlist I have created?

I created a playlist and want to play it in order. I can do this on my computer but not on my Samsung 8 Android. How do I turn the shuffle function off on the phone app?

• Casual Listener
  • I created a playlist and want to play it in order.  I can do this on my computer but not on my Samsung 8 Android.  How do I turn the shuffle function off on the phone app?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Estou offline conectada na internet

Quando entro no aplicativo, consta como se estivesse offline (sendo que estou conectada no wifi), nao consigo navegar, ver minhas musicas baixadas, buscar ou ate mesmo entrar no meu perfil, na ajuda do spotify mostra alguns tipos de solução para isso...

• Quando entro no aplicativo, consta como se estivesse offline (sendo que estou conectada no wifi), nao consigo navegar, ver minhas musicas baixadas, buscar ou ate mesmo entrar no meu perfil, na ajuda ...
  • jadb
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes

Huawei lockscreen problem

HiOn my Huawei P9 plus spotify controls don't appear in the lockscreen I tried to turn on keep on lockscreen in the notifications settings and I also tried to uninstall and reinstall spotify but nothing happenedAny solutions?

• Hi On my Huawei P9 plus spotify controls don't appear in the lockscreen  I tried to turn on keep on lockscreen in the notifications settings and I also tried to uninstall and reinstall spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Env: prod