Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium membership app access.

Premium membership app access.

I want to confirm.. If I am signed up for the 9.99 premium service per month. 

I can use any device, and use anywhere internationally right ?? 

So how can I download the android app to my phone and android media boxes, when the app is geo blocked ??? 

Right now I cant even download the app to enter my account info so you know I am premium. 

5 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Yup, premium allows you to use Spotify anywhere for as long as you want. All you need to do is go online every 30days to verify your subscription is still active.

Is the unalbe to download it your issue or is that the geoblock thing you were talking about?

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

The app cannot be downloaded (it doesnt even appear in the play store) for non authorised countries.. 

Yet a premium member is authorised in any country. 

So if I pay monthly.. How do I get the darn app !! 

I mean.. You have thought this through right ?? If I pay, I need the app, but you have set the app to not be available to me, yet will take the money. 

If its an android device, you can download the application directly from m.spotify.com (and follow the prompts to install manually), however this is not always the most recent version unfortunately. 

In terms of abroad access, since under licensing you agree you "live" in the country you are registered in (where Spotify is available), the abroad access is designed mainly for holidays etc, where you would download Spotify onto your devices before you go.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So when spotify is advertizing full international access for premium members.. That doesnt mean I am supposed to sign up from Thailand then ?? 

Its a tricky one, for licensing purposes you are meant to "be resident in the Local Country" meaning you live in the country in which you are subscribing. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts