Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with syncing (Android/Nexus 4)

Solved!

Problem with syncing (Android/Nexus 4)

Hi

Just got bought Premium by my swedish operator Telia but I can't download or sync anyhting. 😞 When I had iPhone 4S it worked perfectly, but now it doesn't work with my Nexus 4. Can someone please help me? Because I really want to keep Spotify and not remove it permanetly.

When I try to download songs to the phone, it only says "Downloading 0%" all the time without any progress. It is some progrerss in my laptop where I have Spotify too (I can see the songs that are supposed to be syncing) but I'm not sure it will work.

Cheers! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Have you been able to download any tracks?

Please could you try reinstalling the Spotify app? Also, what network connection are you using? If possible, try using a different type.

Liam

P.S How much storage space do you have left?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hmm, strange. Does it do anything if you leave it open, even for a few hours? Does it move at all?

I'm very lucky, none of these bug happen to me, so it is actually annoying to troubleshoot them for people 😉

Liam

Marked as solution

It went okay now. It synced okay, but not all songs unfortunalty. But 10 non synced out of 700 is okay. So I guess it workes now but God knows for how long. Time will tell. Thank you anyway for your help!

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Have you been able to download any tracks?

Please could you try reinstalling the Spotify app? Also, what network connection are you using? If possible, try using a different type.

Liam

P.S How much storage space do you have left?

Well, I have deleted all my physical songs from my phone which means it has almost 13 gb left. The weirdest thing is that the list started to sync (after I logged on and off several times from my laptop) by itself in my phone. Now it says "Downloading 54%." Im not sure what happened. But when I press att "Available Online"-tracklist it just stopps. God why me? 😞 I'm not sure what to do, to wait or to press in at "online"-button in my laptop.

I am using my WiFi-network also from my operator Telia. I have no choice than use that because Mobile Data will be another sad story for me.

Marked as solution

Hmm, strange. Does it do anything if you leave it open, even for a few hours? Does it move at all?

I'm very lucky, none of these bug happen to me, so it is actually annoying to troubleshoot them for people 😉

Liam

Marked as solution

It went okay now. It synced okay, but not all songs unfortunalty. But 10 non synced out of 700 is okay. So I guess it workes now but God knows for how long. Time will tell. Thank you anyway for your help!

No worries! Make sure you connect it to the internet once every 30 days, all they will dissappear 😉

Liam

But I don't understand this: 

How can I not see procentege now when I'm downloading? I can only see that if I swype down so the screen gets black. Then it says "Downloading music." 

And also I haven't touched that button "Availble Offline" who is in my Spotify-laptop. It's still grey. Should I do that or should I go on anyway? Sorry for all those noob questions but I really whished I didn't got rid off my iPhone 4S. It was lightyear better in this.... 😞

If you are downloading spotify content to your mobile, the laptop is irrelevant as the music comes through the mobile's internet connection. Making spotify content available offline on your laptop will simply download the tracks there.

The percentage downloaded should update after each track although with 700 tracks, you're only going to see a 1% increase every 7 tracks or so.

Suggested posts