Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Progress Bar incorrectly displaying position

Progress Bar incorrectly displaying position

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Huawei P20 Pro

Operating System

(Android 10)

My Question or Issue

Progress bar when streaming to Amazon echo device incorrectly displays time progression. It always over reads so if you've only been listening for 10secs it says you've been listening for over a minute. A 3min song at the end can be playing for over 4min.

9 Replies

Hey there @Wilsonair,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. 

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there's no old cache files causing this?

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you provide us a screen recording so that we can take a closer look?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello @Jeremy,

I've done as suggested to uninstall and reinstall the app but it still shows the same time progression when streaming to amazon devices.

I've added a screen recording video of the issue you can see from the progress it is showing over the song duration. (It's actually only about 3min30secs into the song at this point)

Hey again @Wilsonair,

Thank you for your reply and for trying out the troubleshooting steps so that's been provided so far.

Can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist?

If that doesn't do the trick - can you log in with your account on another device to see if that makes any difference?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello @Jeremy,

So I have done some further testing and investigation with different devices. I have access to another mobile device of the same specification and OS update level as mine it works fine no time shift with the progress bar of the music when streaming to an echo device. There is something with my device that uninstalling and reinstalling the app does not seem to fix whatever it maybe.

I will keep looking into my issue and see if I have a solution that does not involve a full factory reset. Which at the moment looks like it maybe the only option to try but I won't be doing that anytime soon.

Thank you for your Help!

Hi again @Wilsonair

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, is this still happening when you're not streaming to an Echo device?

Also, would you mind letting us know if you noticed anything new using a different network? This could help us investigate further. 

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

No this does not happen when playing music in the app on my mobile through the loudspeaker or headphones only when I stream to an echo device. I have tried changing networks as suggested but this issue remains the same.

Hey there @Wilsonair

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, could you let us know if this is also causing issues with the playback? 

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

Yes the playback is fine just the progress bar is affected and only when streaming to an echo device from my mobile phone.

Playback and progress bar work fine on mobile without streaming.

Hi there @Wilsonair

Thanks for getting back in touch and for sending us this information. 

Could you ask a friend to log in to their account in your phone to check if the issue persists using a different account?

Also, do you have any cache-clearing apps that cleans your phone's cache everyday? If so, we'd suggest adding Spotify to the exception list.

Keep us in the loop!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts