Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue management is so broken (reorder queue)

Queue management is so broken (reorder queue)

How is this possible? I just signed up for a free trial of premium to use Spotify on my mobile. I've been a Google Play Music premium subscriber, but a little dissappointed in the content compared to Spotify. To my surprise, the Spotify app is horrific. The most basic and important feature in a music player is basically non-functional. Queue management is basically non-existant. You can't reorder the queue? It should be as simple as dragging a handle on the song you want moved in the queue and dragging to where you want it. It also seems a somewhat arbitrary where in the queue the songs you add to it go. Somewhere in the middle? At the end? Maybe even at the top? Who knows, it's a crapshoot! Completely unintuitive. Oh, do you want to clear your queue? Hahaha good luck with that, you have to long-press each track individually and clear them out one by one. Hope you have a good hour to kill. It's as simple as adding a button.

I must say, I was looking forward to switching over to Spotify, but until this mess is straightened out Google continues to get my money. I'll be canceling after the trial ends. Also, I'm not very hopeful that they will ever give this app the attention it deserves on the Android platform. I've seen threads dating back to over a year ago referencing this same problem and being deemed not important by staff.

0 Replies

Suggested posts