Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio autoplay when playlists end

Solved!

Radio autoplay when playlists end

For the past few days, whenever I get to the end of a playlist or album, instead of simply ending, it will begin playing a radio station based of the playlist I just listened to. Is this a glitch or a new feature, and either way how do I get it to stop? I make playlists in order to have a specific set of songs, the exact opposite reason one listens to radio, which is a random and new set of songs.
222 Replies

Meanwhile Android users STILL can't manually re-order our playlists in the app, which is basic functionality. The code is there because we can re-order the up next queue, but not playlists. So frustrating that they go and set up this new stuff but won't go back to fix something basic they forgot to do years ago.

found it... its called "Autoplay"
seems this was added by the latest update??
its off and it works thank god 🙂

I think the topic of this thread is the autoplay feature, not reordering playlists.

There's been an update lately that means when an album is supposed to finish it instead starts a radio.

I've stopped it happening on my phone but desktop is still the same thing.

Why is it even a thing and why is it defaulted?

Hello @pemboom, welcome to the Spotify Community.

Sounds like you need to turn off Autoplay. You can find this in the Settings. 

There's no option for autoplay or anything relating to this.

Ok, can you please post a screenshot of the bottom of your preferences on your device?

sp1.pngsp2.pngsp3.png

ok, thank you very much. That's definitely weird. Could i ask you to try a reinstall?

What should I expect to see afterwards?

Normally the autoplay option should show right under the display options. Ive checked my own desktop app and it isnt there. However, autoplay is not available for me. That's normal cause it isnt rolled out to everyone yet. So normally it should either show up as an option for you, or, if not, it should not autoplay.

Well I reinstalled and unsurprisingly nothing changed since I was already updated to the latest version.

I don't know why they decided this was a feature they were gonna add, or why it should be defaulted as on. It's really pushing me to cancelling my sub.

@pemboom wrote:

Well I reinstalled and unsurprisingly nothing changed since I was already updated to the latest version.

I don't know why they decided this was a feature they were gonna add, or why it should be defaulted as on. It's really pushing me to cancelling my sub.

Well, is there any chance that you have other devices (phone, tablet, etc) that has Spotify installed? if so, that may be causing autoplay to turn on. Turn it off in your phone's settings and that should fix it since Autoplay is rolled out to 100% of mobile devices by now.

Edit: Just re-read the post, you already turned it off on your phone. Sorry!

Can you maybe delete your post or something? I know what happens now and I don't get any attempt to solve my problem now a 'Rock Star' has failed to provide a solution.

@pemboom wrote:

Can you maybe delete your post or something? I know what happens now and I don't get any attempt to solve my problem now a 'Rock Star' has failed to provide a solution.

No I cannot delete my post, that's a restriction imposed on the Community for all members including us Rock Stars.

Hey @pemboom, please do not resignate. I have escalated this issue for further troubleshooting and i'll get back to you as soon as i can with more advice. So stay tuned!

Hey @pemboom I received this answer from the Troubleshooting team. I know you tried to reinstall once before, but i dont know if you have just tried touninstall and the simply reinstall, so maybe try this out and let us know if this helped.

Here is the answer:

That's odd. In this case, let's try a clean reinstall to get this fixed. Ask him to follow these steps:

• Log out of Spotify and then close the program.
  • Uninstall 
  • Browse to the cache and delete everything inside the folder. The default location should be:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage 

• Delete also the folder:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Users\<random numbers-user>\

There is a folder for each profile that has been logged into Spotify on that computer account. 

• Restart PC.
Let us know how it goes.

Please don't patronise me with reinstall instructions. I've worked in tech support for years, as is made very clear by my responses on here.

I'm coming to the conclusion very quickly this is just an innate part of the Spotify experience now. Why would they introduce it in the first place and why wouldn't they give you the option to remove it? It's very clear that the software itsself is missing the very option to stop this, and it's not the first time the desktop client has fell behind the mobile apps. (**bleep**, the android app lagged behind the IOS one for a long time).

It just seems ridiculous to add a feature without the option to stop it.

H E L L is censored on here. I'm worried my music choices are going to get removed here.

Hey @pemboom

But that's the thing. Spotify rolled it out to some users only now. If its not rolled out to you then the option to turn it off is missing, like for me. In this case the Autoplay function is not working. If its rolled out, like in your case, there should be an option to turn it off. If its not there then this is definately not normal and not working as intented.

@pemboom wrote:

Please don't patronise me with reinstall instructions. I've worked in tech support for years, as is made very clear by my responses on here.

I'm coming to the conclusion very quickly this is just an innate part of the Spotify experience now. Why would they introduce it in the first place and why wouldn't they give you the option to remove it? It's very clear that the software itsself is missing the very option to stop this, and it's not the first time the desktop client has fell behind the mobile apps. (**bleep**, the android app lagged behind the IOS one for a long time).

It just seems ridiculous to add a feature without the option to stop it.

H E L L is censored on here. I'm worried my music choices are going to get removed here.

There is an option to disable AutoPlay, but the entire feature just hasn't been rolled out to your account yet. Be patient and wait for it to be completely rolled out to your account. Also, swear words are censored here for a reason.

Suggested posts