Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't get to my playlists

Howdy. Using Spotify Free on a Samsung tablet. I can log in, listen to music, add songs to my playlist, etc. However, I can no longer access my playlist:- Press "My Library"- Press "Playlists"I see my playlist briefly populated as a list, but before ...

• Regular
  • Howdy.  Using Spotify Free on a Samsung tablet.  I can log in, listen to music, add songs to my playlist, etc.   However, I can no longer access my playlist: - Press "My Library" -...
  • Acerider
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't connect on wi-fi

Hi,So, when i reinstall Spotify on my phone, it can connect to the Spotify's servers on wi-fi, but the next day it says "you're offline" even if i'm on wi-fi, but if i try to connect on mobile data, it works!This problem is only on my phone: OnePlus ...

• Hi, So, when i reinstall Spotify on my phone, it can connect to the Spotify's servers on wi-fi, but the next day it says "you're offline" even if i'm on wi-fi, but if i try to connect on mobile data...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Car display shows the wrong music title

Hello, I have issues with my new Huawei P20 and the bluetooth connection to my car. The connection to my car works, to hear music works, but the display in my car shows me the wrong title and that´s realy annoying. When I hear music over the internal...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have issues with my new Huawei P20 and the bluetooth connection to my car.   The connection to my car works, to hear music works, but the display in my car shows me the wrong...
  • in2yourface
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't advance in playlist

I've been having trouble using the Android app of Spotify. Whenever I play music on my phone the track ends with :01 remaining and Spotify will not advance to the next song until I do it manually.

• Music Fan
  • I've been having trouble using the Android app of Spotify. Whenever I play music on my phone the track ends with :01 remaining and Spotify will not advance to the next song until I do it manually.
  • makesia74
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Adding album as a playlist changed

I save whole albums by using the "add to playlist" option. This creates a playlist with the album title and artist pre-filled and I just save it. That feature seems to have to disappeared and it now asks for me to type it all in. Anyone else noticed ...

• Casual Listener
  • I save whole albums by using the "add to playlist" option. This creates a playlist with the album title and artist pre-filled and I just save it. That feature seems to have to disappeared and it now ...
  • FrankieMango
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Issues with SpotifyConnect, Chromecast and volume control

Hey guys ! more often that not, my TV just disappears from list of avaiable devices on my Android, both as a chromecast, and spotify connect device with installed spotify on the TV. The only solution so far is to force-stop spotify on my android and ...

• Music Fan
  • Hey guys ! more often that not, my TV just disappears from list of avaiable devices on my Android, both as a chromecast, and spotify connect device with installed spotify on the TV.  ...
  • TheMiziko
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Chromecast Android
    Spotify Connect Volume Control
    Volume Control
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs dont shuffle after update??

Ever since the update all the songs in any of my playlists dont shuffle right. It ALWAYS shuffles the first 10 songs on the playlist and goes down on the playlist which means I'll never get to any of my 85+ songs on them. This is irritating. I tried ...

• Ever since the update all the songs in any of my playlists dont shuffle right. It ALWAYS shuffles the first 10 songs on the playlist and goes down on the playlist which means I'll never get to any of...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot open my account because it is in offline.what do i will do to open it?i can open it in the web browser of my phone but i cant open my account in the app

• I cannot open my account because it is in offline.what do i will do to open it?i can open it in the web browser of my phone but i cant open my account in the app  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle stuck to added album to Playlist

Hi guys, Since a few weeks now I'm noticing a bug with the shuffle function in a playlist.Whenever I add a whole album to a playlist and then shuffle the whole playlist, as soon as one of the songs of the new album is played, the shuffle alogrithm ge...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,   Since a few weeks now I'm noticing a bug with the shuffle function in a playlist. Whenever I add a whole album to a playlist and then shuffle the whole playlist, as soon as one of ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App crashes my phone

I have been a premium user for years now and never had issues. Over the last few months, the app has got progressively worse and slower. It's to the point now where it crashes and slows my phone every time I open it. After waiting for a long period, ...

• I have been a premium user for years now and never had issues.  Over the last few months, the app has got progressively worse and slower.  It's to the point now where it crashes and slows m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app won't play imported Apple-Lossless files which Desktop version played fine

I was truly excited how easy it is import local music files to my Android phone using the Desktop app. However, the Android app does not play lossless Apple m4a. I have to manually re-encode them to 320 bit rate just so I can play those songs in my c...

• Casual Listener
  • I was truly excited how easy it is import local music files to my Android phone using the Desktop app.   However, the Android app does not play lossless Apple m4a.  I have to manually re-...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Shuffle Won't Turn Off

I am a Spotify free user, and whenever I use the Spotify app in a playlist, there is no way to turn shuffle off. Is this something that happens to everyone, or is it just me?

• Regular
  • I am a Spotify free user, and whenever I use the Spotify app in a playlist, there is no way to turn shuffle off. Is this something that happens to everyone, or is it just me?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 63 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 63 replies
  • 8 likes

Pulando músicas sozinho

Olá, galera! Após última atualização do aplicativo em meu Android 7.1 o Spotify está pulando as músicas sozinho. Quando chega mais o menos na metade da música muda sozinho. Já desinstalei e reinstalei mas o problema persiste. O que posso fazer para c...

• Olá, galera!   Após última atualização do aplicativo em meu Android 7.1 o Spotify está pulando as músicas sozinho. Quando chega mais o menos na metade da música muda sozinho. Já desinstalei e ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Play Music

Can I listening music without WIFI?? IAM new on Spotify. 

• Can I listening music without WIFI?? IAM new on Spotify. 
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify folder corrupted my SD card on my Galaxy S5

I have used the Samsung EVO SD cards all along. I had one card awhile back that started unmouting itself after using Spotify. I figured it was just a bad card so I ordered a new 64gb Samsung EVO min sd card. Again, same thing happened. The card had o...

• Regular
  • I have used the Samsung EVO SD cards all along. I had one card awhile back that started unmouting itself after using Spotify. I figured it was just a bad card so I ordered a new 64gb Samsung EVO min ...
  • artemonster
  • Casual Listener
  • 30 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 30 replies
  • 5 likes

Downloaded songs are in my storage, but Spotify won't show them

I am traveling through Australia right now with my 3000 downloaded songs and my downloaded songs are not available anymore. I got logged off randomly and when I log back in I don't have any songs more available off line. I don't have wifi available f...

• Music Fan
  • I am traveling through Australia right now with my 3000 downloaded songs and my downloaded songs are not available anymore. I got logged off randomly and when I log back in I don't have any songs mor...
  • Nimnim94
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Keasbey Nights (Streetlight Manifesto album) STILL playing wrong version of songs

No idea if this is just an Android issue, but the current Streetlight Manifesto album entitled Keasbey Nights is playing the wrong tracks. Keasbey Nights was originally released by the band Catch 22, but the singer/songwriter eventually formed the gr...

• No idea if this is just an Android issue, but the current Streetlight Manifesto album entitled Keasbey Nights is playing the wrong tracks.   Keasbey Nights was originally released by the band ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Music failing when switched manually.

Music failing when switched manually. Music starts and on 1 second cuts and then runs normally to the end or when I advance the song in the time bar. It happened after my device upgraded to Android 8 (moto x4). My friend is having the same problem on...

• Regular
  • Music failing when switched manually. Music starts and on 1 second cuts and then runs normally to the end  or when I advance the song in the time bar. It happened after my device upgraded to And...
  • ale_adans
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

No puedo iniciar sesión Spotify

Mi aplicación tiene activado off line y cuando quise iniciar sesión me manda el mensaje que no puedo debido a que no puede conectarse a internet. Así que necita conectarse a internet para iniciar sesión pero la configuración dice que no puede así que...

• Mi aplicación tiene activado off line y cuando quise iniciar sesión me manda el mensaje que no puedo debido a que no puede conectarse a internet. Así que necita conectarse a internet para iniciar ses...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs imported from pc wont play on my phone.

Hello so I downloaded songs from somewhere and I put them in my playlist on spotify pc.Now I can listen them on my pc but not on my mobile, on my mobile they just get greyed out and they wont play, I literally tried everything on youtube, and yes I d...

• Visitor
  • Hello so I downloaded songs from somewhere and I put them in my playlist on spotify pc. Now I can listen them on my pc but not on my mobile, on my mobile they just get greyed out and they wont play,...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes