Spotify says please go online to connect to spotify when i sign in

Solved!
Highlighted

Spotify says please go online to connect to spotify when i sign in

Casual Listener
My Spotify will not let me sign in I have internet and when I sign in with Facebook it asks me to go online I don't want to reinstall the app as I would loose all my downloaded songs

Can someone please help

Kind regards Luke
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Spotify says please go online to connect to spotify when i sign in

I had the same problem also and I resoved it by going to Apps in settings, selecting the Spotify app and deleting all the Data. I had to download all my songs all over again but it works fine now. Good luck.

View solution in original post

46 Replies
Highlighted

Have you found a solution?
Highlighted

Casual Listener
No I have not found a solution
Highlighted

Regular
Have the same problem. It seems like this happens if you log out while spotify is set to offline. When trying to log in again you get the message: Please go online....
I have found no other way to fix this than to re-install the app. This is very annoying as it always happens when I am travelling. My phone is running Android 6.0.1.
This is something that has changed after one of the last Spotify updates (I don't know the exact update when it changed). I hope that this is something that will be fixed; or that someone can post a workaround)
Highlighted

Community Legend

This deinitely shouldn't be happening. Would one of you report this as a bug in the new issues section. Post a link here so we can all add our support.

Highlighted

I am having the same issue with my new Xperia XZ Android 7.0. Has worked fine on previous android versions and older phones. 
I have reinstalled spotify and facebook, changed facebook passwords and will still not go online. I can't even listen to downloaded music 

Highlighted

It happens the same on my Moto g 5 plus, I have gigs of downloaded music on premium service that I can't listen to, would take forever if I would have to redownload due to reinstall the app 😞 I haven't logged out by myself, but the app was updated two days ago, maybe the app logged me out in that update, my setting was to listen offline downloaded music only, Is there any news on this bug? I'm attaching the version of the app for your reference.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Screenshot_20170921-223809.png
Highlighted

Also having this issue .. unable to listen to any music or login at all.

Highlighted

I have exactly the same issue on Sony Xperia Z5 Android 7.0 and current app version is 8.4.19.792(screenshot for the information). It happens randamly, about onece a week. It won't let me log in the app and listen any downloaded songs at all. I just decided to use the previous version, downloadable from APK Mirror... Thanks.

Screenshot_20170930-025300.png
Highlighted
Solution!

I had the same problem also and I resoved it by going to Apps in settings, selecting the Spotify app and deleting all the Data. I had to download all my songs all over again but it works fine now. Good luck.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS