Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify says please go online to connect to spotify when i sign in

Solved!

Spotify says please go online to connect to spotify when i sign in

My Spotify will not let me sign in I have internet and when I sign in with Facebook it asks me to go online I don't want to reinstall the app as I would loose all my downloaded songs

Can someone please help

Kind regards Luke
46 Replies

I'm frustrated because I've tried to connect to spodify and its the same glass ceiling.

I can not see the answer, could you Help me how to fix it.

I have again reported this as an issue to Spotify. Can everyone who has this problem add a comment with their Phone model, Android version and Spotify version to the following post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Offline-Issue/idi-p/3259958

E.g. "Huawei Honor i7. Android version 6.0.1, Spotify version 8.4.26.770 armV7"

Not sure how long this link will work as Spotify might move the post.

How on earth is this marked solved?

I was traveling (as on an airplane to someplace I didn't have data for), my phone hit wifi and spotify updated and boom! I'm getting the "you're offline go to online to connect to spotify".

Except I can't.  It does nothing if I hit connect and apparently it does nothing if I remove my device from offline on the web page.

Soooooo... tell me what I'm paying premium for??

Please add the relevant details to the bug topic started by @Cjo81. In the meantime, reinstalling spotify seems to be the only way to get it working again.

I have this issue as well. Uninstalling is NOT an acceptable solution...

Im lg stilus same issue😪

I've got the same problem, for a few months. I was looking for a way to get in touch with the app-developmenters. They should find a soloution and solve the problem. This is very annoying en disturbing, because we pay for it. Does anybody know where I can find an emailadress? I tried messaging at facebook as well, but could only talk to a robot. I think we have to wait for a new update, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

At my phone it has also something to do with the memory-card. When spotify says I have to login again (after trying I got a black screen), at these moments I can't put stuff on the memorycard. Like speechrecorder (which I use for recording lectures) says that the memorycard is full (which is not true), and after I delete spotify I can record my lectures again (I have a 64 GB card and have used about only 5 GB).
Does anybody else got the same problem?

There's no need to reinstall, just erasing data and cache does the same thing.

Of course that's not a solution, darn, I'm so angry at this. I lost 3,5gb of music the first time, and 1,3gb the second time... And there is no solution yet! I say we should get some kind of economic reparations for this. Paying is almost useless in this situation.

There is a need to reinstall for some of us. It simply doesn't let me log
in once it's done it's log out for no reason trick. It hangs on a black
screen then comes back to the log in screen. The only way I've ever been
able to log back in is doing a clean reinstall.

Thanks, that worked!

I have the same problem. Erase all data is realy an absurd. 

I hjust had the same problem in my Samsung S9.

I just simply uninstall and reinstall the app.....no songs lost.

This works

I have same problem. Very tired of screwing with this. Anyone know of a better problem free service for streaming and downloading music?

Same problem...... what a shame! Crappy customer and tech service.  

I never thought that I would say this; but after seeing how Spotify
treats their paying customers I have changed to Apple Music. So far I
have been able to find all the same songs on Apple Music as I had on
Spotify. I am not too excited about the app from Apple Music, but it
might just be that I need to get used to it.

Well, I switched from the XperiaZ5 to an LG5 and I thought all was well until my phone automatically upgraded to Android 7.0 last night and now I have this stupidly annoying problem again. How hard can this be for the dev to find a simple fix for?

Hi, I had signed up to Spotify Family after my daughter has a Premium account for over a year. Then this annoying issue happened after 3 weeks of listening pleasure. What worked is UNINSTALLING and REINSTALLING Spotify. But over those 3 weeks I had downloaded over 100 songs, which I then had to download again. Luckily we have unrestricted WiFi. I was telling everyone how great Spotify was. Now I'll be telling them, yeah it's great, but there are some really annoying issues that should have been fixed ages ago.

I have paid premium for the whole 2018, but unless this bug is not fixed I will switch to another music provider for 2019. I was considering to go Family, but not any more.

Suggested posts