Announcements

Radio autoplay when playlists end

Solved!
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Radio autoplay when playlists end

Had the same problem, so annoying! Go to settings>playback and turn off "autoplay"

View solution in original post

Highlighted

playlist radio starting after end of playlist

When my playlist ends the playlist radio starts how can I stop that?
Highlighted

Re: playlist radio starting after end of playlist

Casual Listener
Does this happen on specific playlists or all of them?
Raúl
Highlighted

Automatically switches to song radio

Hi,

I have Spotify playlists set up that have my favorite songs on them, and I experience no problem with these at all. However, when I try searching a song and then playing it from the search tab on Spotify mobile, one of two things will happen:

1. The song I selected will play, but after that song, it will default to song radio (even if the song is a top result and loop is on, which prior to this error would just make the song play over and over again)

OR, more commonly,

2. I will go to select the song I want to play, but that song won't play - Spotify will automatically begin the song radio for that particular song. Once again this issue occurs even if the song I search for is the "top result." If I press the song itself 3-4 times, it will eventually start playing. But after it ends, problem 1 occurs afterwards.

Help?

Highlighted

Re: Automatically switches to song radio

Roadie
Hi.

A new function called AutoPlay can be turned off in settings. Check if it solves the first problem.

For the second problem I'm unsure, but check if it changes when you turn off AutoPlay.
Highlighted

Regular

Thank you SO much for solving this. I hated it, for the reasons stated--I play an album or a playlist for a mood, not to launch what Spotify thinks I want to hear. Fixed, so thank you!!! (PS--I'm on a Motrola Moto G4, and it worked for me.)

Highlighted

Thanks a ton, everyone! I hated when I would be listening to an album and then some random song comes on at the end. Obviously I wasn't trying to listen to randos...
Highlighted

Re: 'Next Song' always goes back to radio station.

Casual Listener

Looks like this was a new "Autoplay" feature added. Turn it off in the settings  by going to Settings > Playback > Autoplay

Highlighted

Thank you for the step by step instructions! For me, the problem just started a day or two ago, and was driving me nuts because I often listen to Spotify as I'm falling asleep. Switching to radio not only wasted energy, it sometimes woke me up in the middle of the night. Thanks again for the instructions!
Highlighted

Re: playlist radio starting after end of playlist

user-removed
Not applicable

I'm having this same problem, but it's not just with playlists. If I play an entire album, after the album ends it starts a radio station based on the album. I do not want this to happen, it just means I'm listening to a lot of radio that I didn't ask to listen to, and in some cases wondering why the album is so long and sounds different all of a sudden.

SUGGESTED POSTS