Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio station automatically starts playing when an album finishes

Solved!

Radio station automatically starts playing when an album finishes

For some reason, when I play an album on my android phone that artist's radio station begins to play immediately when the album is finished. It didn't used to do this, and I didn't change any settings, so I'm a bit stumped! It's especially irritating because I like to let an album run out into silence while I fall asleep. I'm sure this is an easy and/or stupid fix, but I'm clueless. Any help??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It should be the last item in the "playback" section. If you are a free user, the option probably doesn't appear as it isn't relevant.

Screenshot_20170215-121322.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies

It's a new "feature" they have inflicted on some unsuspecting users. In spotify's settings you should find a new setting "autoplay" which is enabled by default. Toggle it off to go back to the way things worked before.

Thanks. What a stupid design decision that was. Way to go Spotify team. At least this time there's an option to turn it off. What ever happened to informing users of changes like this?

Plus a million. This featureis terrible, especially as a default. If i wanted this paradigm, I'd be a Pandora user.

Hello, I'm having the same problem and can't find the autoplay setting. Spotify please help! I want to be able to choose what I listen to.

OK correction, I found it. On the phone version, not on the computer. The options are different.

Marked as solution

It should be the last item in the "playback" section. If you are a free user, the option probably doesn't appear as it isn't relevant.

Screenshot_20170215-121322.png

Make sure you disable it in all your devices. I have Spotify on four devices (Android phone, PlayStation 4, work PC, home PC) and one had the feature on - and it played the radio for the other devices, regardless of the setting on device playing the music. I have logged an issue with Spotify about this.

Thanks so much - found it - turned it off

Suggested posts