Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy 7

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

When go to a song radio or artist radio, I'm constantly getting "Radio station error" and songs don't load

9 Replies

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Hi there, thanks so much for your help!

I followed the instructions to clean and uninstall the app. I rebooted my
phone twice and then installed the app again and I'm still having the same
problem.

I'm on Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G935V Androind 7.0

I'm having the same error on Windows 10 app from Microsoft store.  I've uninstalled and redownloaded it, and it's still not working.  It's a premium account and very frustrating.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

@tjinca1

Please have a look at this thread and let me know how it goes.

@kascheri12

Have you tried signing in with another account or try to sign in with your account on another device with similar specs?

Try to reset your Network Settings.

Hope it helps 🙂

I found the fix and it worked perfect for me!  Do what this page says to do (you might have to google how to change the host file).

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/If-Daily-Mix-Friends-Feed-Radio-DON-T-WORK-try-this...

I figured out that you can get an error by trying to make a radio station out of a playlist with duplicate songs. So try removing duplicates in the playlist.

Yup! That was my problem. I deleted the duplicates and now my playlist radio station works again. Thanks for the help!

Hey there folks,

@supergabers - Good to hear that this worked and thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

@kascheri12 - Just to confirm, have you given a try to the steps provided by @JupiterMaroon? If you're still having troubles after that, it'd be helpful if you could share a screenshot of the error message you see, as well as the steps you take when this happens so we can take a closer look into what's happening.

In the meanwhile, we hope you don't mind us marking @JupiterMaroon and @tjinca1's posts as solutions so users with a similar issue can find them more easily.

Keep us posted and have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Thank you guys for hearing the solution. It would also be a good
opportunity for a bug fix. Possibly scanning the list of songs for radio
generation to see if there are any duplicates before creating the radio
station.
I dont know the guts of how spotify works, but I assume there is some list
of songs being used to generate the station.

Suggested posts