Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random crashes

Random crashes

Hello.

I'm experiencing random crashes on the spotify android app.

Here's the output from logcat.

D/AudioPolicyService( 1379): stopOutput() tid 1489
D/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 1379): stopOutput() output 4, stream 3, session 1504
I/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 1379): setOutputDevice() output 4 device 0 delayMs 0
I/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 1379): setOutputDevice() setting same device 0 or null device for output 4
D/AudioTrack(14993): Audio Track already stopped
D/AudioPolicyService( 1379): releaseOutput() tid 13298
D/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 1379): releaseOutput() 4
D/AppWidgetHostView( 1760): updateAppWidget mInfo = AppWidgetProviderInfo(provider=ComponentInfo{com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui.widget.HomeWidget})
I/AudioService( 1492):   Remote Control   registerMediaButtonEventReceiver() for ComponentInfo{com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/com.spotify.mobile.android.util.MediaButtonReceiver}
D/AppWidgetHostView( 1760): updateAppWidget mInfo = AppWidgetProviderInfo(provider=ComponentInfo{com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui.widget.HomeWidget})
D/AudioPolicyService( 1379): startOutput() tid 12884
D/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 1379): startOutput() output 4, stream 3, session 1505
I/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 1379): setOutputDevice() output 4 device 4 delayMs 0
I/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 1379): setOutputDevice() setting same device 4 or null device for output 4
D/AudioSystem( 1379): linearToSpecifyHtcVolume(volume:46, streamType:3, audio_devices:4)
D/AudioSystem( 1379): linearToSpecifyHtcVolume(), routing == AudioSystem::DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET or AudioSystem::DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE, StreamType == AudioSystem::MUSIC
D/NativeCrypto(14993): returned from sslSelect() with result 1, error code 2
D/dalvikvm(14993): GC_CONCURRENT freed 655K, 45% free 4853K/8775K, external 1608K/2325K, paused 2ms+3ms
I/global  (14993): Loaded time zone names for en_US in 493ms.
I/ActivityManager( 1492): Process com.spotify.mobile.android.ui (pid 14993) has died.
W/ContentService( 1492): binderDied() at ObserverNode name system
W/AudioService( 1492):   AudioFocus   audio focus client died
I/AudioService( 1492):  AudioFocus  abandonAudioFocus(): removing entry for android.media.AudioManager@4051ef88com.spotify.mobile.android.util.MediaFocusManager$PostFroyo$Holder$1@40578380
D/AudioPolicyService( 1379): stopOutput() tid 1379
D/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 1379): stopOutput() output 4, stream 3, session 1505
I/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 1379): setOutputDevice() output 4 device 0 delayMs 0
I/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 1379): setOutputDevice() setting same device 0 or null device for output 4
D/AudioPolicyService( 1379): releaseOutput() tid 1379
D/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 1379): releaseOutput() 4
D/lights  ( 1492): [LedInfo] write attr ok name=/sys/class/leds/green/brightness string=0,len=1
I/WindowManager( 1492): WIN DEATH: Window{40b3b850 com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui.Launcher paused=false}
V/NotificationService( 1492): Charging...
D/lights  ( 1492): [LedInfo] write attr ok name=/sys/class/leds/green/blink string=0,len=1
D/lights  ( 1492): [LedInfo] write attr ok name=/sys/class/leds/green/off_timer string=0 0,len=3
D/lights  ( 1492): [LedInfo] write attr ok name=/sys/class/leds/amber/brightness string=1,len=1
D/lights  ( 1492): [LedInfo] write attr ok name=/sys/class/leds/amber/blink string=0,len=1
D/lights  ( 1492): [LedInfo] write attr ok name=/sys/class/leds/amber/off_timer string=0 0,len=3
W/ActivityManager( 1492): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/com.spotify.mobile.android.service.LocalService in 5000ms
D/Zygote  ( 1378): Process 14993 terminated by signal (11)

Hope this helps.

Best regards. 

8 Replies

Hey Felix, welcome to the Community. Thanks for the log - I'll look over it and see if I can see any obvious issues.

In the meantime though can I ask if you've already gone through the usual troubleshooting steps such as reinstalling the app and changing your password (it's been known to help stop random crashes).
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I tried that, but it ends up crashing anyway.

Best regards.

Ok, no worries. Which Android device are you using Spotify on?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

HTC Sensation XL with stock Android 2.3.5.

Is that the model that comes with Beats Audio? That might be the cause of the problem here as it's been known to cause conflicts before. Disabling can help, I'm told.

Hi Richard,

I don't know if thereยดs any other apps installed at Android making conflicts, but my Samsung Galaxy S2 also crashes (and also my girlfriends). Only with a search in this community the issue seems to affect a lot of Android users with different phones and Android versions.

When I listen to offline playlists it works fine, but when I start to sync or stream the music the app pretty often crashes.

Please Richard could you escalate the Android crashes to the development team, I think it's a serious bug in the app needing priority?

Br,

Alex

Hey AleNo, welcome to the Community.

There's a couple of things that could be going on here, not necessarily related to the issue in this thread.

For the S2 especially I'd recommend checking out these instructions for making sure the right SD card is being used - it sometimes helps: http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/mobile/android-how-do-i-store-offline-music-on-the-external-sd-card

And we do pass feedback onto the Android dev team - but I'll make sure to keep making as much noise as possible!

Oh! I'm glad I saw this - well, sort of. The spotify app crashes on my Android, too. Droid Bionic.

Sometimes, it won't even launch. I've unstinalled, reinstalled, changed my password, etc.

Suggested posts