Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 5

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Hello! I love the Spotify experience so thank you!

I am experiencing an issue after the recent update 8.6.20.1063. The home screen layout in the Android app has changed. Previously each section would have multiple suggestions but now only 1 suggestion is showing.

"More Like (Artist Name)" only shows "(Artist Name) Radio" and "New Releases for You" only shows 1 New Release.

If this was an intentional update then it is actually less helpful since New Music and Artists are not being shown to the user. I would recommend going back to the previous set up or change the categories on the Home Screen to something useful.

Hopefully this can get resolved as I was constantly using the suggestions on the home page to find new music.

Thank you!

Attachments area

Screenshot_20210424-095813.png
4 Replies

I've got the same issue? Is there a way around this because this new layout is a huge step backwards, surely this wasn't Spotify's intention?

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, and welcome 🙂

We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate this?

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for getting back to me. I tried doing a clean install of the app before I reached out. I see that another user has the same issue and has replied to my post. Also, there is a similar post in the Android community but no solution was presented. Seems like this is happening to multiple users. Here is the link to the other post:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Home-screen-only-suggest-1-album-per-category/m-p/5190276/h...

Hey @JosephRey009

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Looks like this is an expected behavior. We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it on to the right folks, as it helps inform our decisions going forward. 

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts