Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reinstall Spotify from clean on new version

Reinstall Spotify from clean on new version

I'm having a lot of problems with the new version of spotify (on my HTC Desire, Android 2.2). Firstly I installed the preview/beta version of spotify (before they released it on the market place) and found that it was kicking out my SD card (unexpected problem, SD card read only), and was also having a bit of a mare when I switched from being connected to the internet (either on Wi-Fi or 3G) and going offline. I assumed all these problems would be fixed when installing the market place version of the app, but unfortunately it's still kicking out my SD card and some playlists aren't syncing properly.  

I want to do a clean install but as has been noted elsewhere, you can no longer clear the cache out from inside the spotify app. I went onto the application manager and cleared the cache there, uninstalled spotify then reinstalled it, but when I loaded it up I was already logged in and it still had my downloaded playlist - basically all the application data is still there.

I'm pretty sure something is corrupted, but I have no idea what and how to just flush out all the spotify application data any more than I have already done!

Any advice is appreciated. 

4 Replies

I don't know if it would help to downgrade to previous version and then clean out stuff and then re-upgrade to see if it does anything.

New version doesn't support pointing out external SD as a storage tho. You need to set it in the old app before re-upgrading.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/is8edr5rwjl22z7/SpotifyAndroid.apk

Thats one of the older versions.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Thanks, will give that a try! I didn't clear anything out before installing the new version so have a feeling that's caused a few problems!

Hopefully this will resolve the problems you are facing.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

@neo-x wrote:

New version doesn't support pointing out external SD as a storage tho. You need to set it in the old app before re-upgrading.

FYI this didn't work for me. It did work with the preview version, but not for the 0.5 actual for some reason. 

Got it working!

Suggested posts