Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.6.6)

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.6.6)

What's new in this version:

• New: Spotify now speaks Thai, Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish and Malay
  • Fixed: Much more stable on Android 4.3
  • Fixed: Now even kinder to your battery
  • Fictitious: This app goes well with cheese and biscuits.

Notes:

As always, if you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [Android] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting

Community Ergo Sum
29 Replies

Still no streaming via DLNA for Android devices... bad bad bad...  😞

My EQ button in  Spotify on this release is a quick link to the built-in equalizer.  Perhaps your device doesn't have one in its stock settings?  Honestly, I prefer that Spotify use the system-wide EQ rather than its own, so they will never conflict.

This release also adds the new Discover tool and a new Browse tool.

Both very nice additions to the Android app.

I'll need to do some testing to verify battery usage and stability, but new features that are not even mentioned in the Release notes are always a pleasant surprise.

Nice work!

Verizon LG VS930 (Spectrum 2) running v4.1.2

Doing further research seems that Discover and Browse might be a limited test/beta.

But I'm a fan.  

Ooops

No worries - done 🙂

@simonsteamyhead wrote:
Ooops

This is a good update. 

Two small gripes so far, pertaining to increasing clutter:  
* I do not want or need a large "Shuffle play" bar at the top of a  playlist.  The tidy little button on the currently playing track was and is sufficient for doing the same thing.  
* I don't know when or why I would ever need to sort a list Z-A.  Please get rid of clutter-choices to make room for really valuable  sorting options, such as A-Z Album (auto sorted by track)

And one unfulfilled wish:
* Sort options for all tracks in a folder are not adequate.

Mark

--

@Per and @jwylot
Do you guys even care about user requests ? DLNA is standard at the moment but still not implemented in spotify. There is an idea in community with over 1000 requests but still no reaction from your side. Is it so hard to implement (I don't think so) ? Or will you get any problems with apple when you implement this ?
Regards
aiki81

Why are you asking me? If you read my sig, you'll see that, like you, I'm a spotify user. But, to answer your question, I don't actually have any use for DLNA and I have no idea what Spotify plans in this respect or what the technical issues might be.

@jwylot
Sorry I'm just blind 🙂
2457 posts - not bad 😉

No worries my friend. Hope you get DLNA support sometime soon 🙂

Someone have tested is AVRCP is already implemented?
I have iPhone 3GS and 4S. Works perfect. Song name, album, artists are streamed by Bluetooth to the car audio system. With Galaxy SIII doesn't work. I test with several android versions and devices and is an issue from the spotify app. Other music player apps have enabled this feature.

Depends on if you are running a rom or touchwiz on your GS3 and what version of Android. The 2nd gen Nexus 7 tablet running Android 4.3 supports AVRCP 1.3, and subsequently works perfectly to stream song metadata for me over bluetooth in my car.

I have to agree with markdmc on the shuffle button. I know new users have struggled to find shuffle and repeat and I applaud the fact that I can now play a shuffled playlist without having to select the first track but this button does use up a large chunk of screen space.

@markdmc wrote:

* I do not want or need a large "Shuffle play" bar at the top of a  playlist.  The tidy little button on the currently playing track was and is sufficient for doing the same thing.  

--

I was one of the users who requested a Shuffle Play function, much like the iOS app has, and I'm thrilled the developers finally added such a function. It may seem like a small thing, but when I want to shuffle a playlist, such as my gym list, I don't want to always start with the same song, nor do I want to have to consciously choose a first song. With this "new" feature, I don't have to do either of those things. It may be large (and maybe can be smaller), but it is indeed different than just clicking the little shuffle icon. Thus, it should remain.

I think that isn't rom issue. Is Spotify. The stock music app from Samsung works perfect...

djshackesq schreef:

@markdmc wrote:

--

I was one of the users who requested a Shuffle Play function, much like the iOS app has, and I'm thrilled the developers finally added such a function. It may seem like a small thing, but when I want to shuffle a playlist, such as my gym list, I don't want to always start with the same song, nor do I want to have to consciously choose a first song. With this "new" feature, I don't have to do either of those things. It may be large (and maybe can be smaller), but it is indeed different than just clicking the little shuffle icon. Thus, it should remain.

@djshackesq, thank you for the explanation of how you use this function.  

In my opinion your goal would be better served if we could play playlists from the list of playlists, as long as "play this list" meant "shuffle all" when Shuffle is ON in the player.  

I have a premium spotify account from the time I was in the US,

recently I have moved to Greece and bought a Galaxy S4 and have it registered through the Greek play store,

... When I try to install spotify app from the Google play store I get:

"This app is incompatible with your device." due to regional restrictions.

I have the spotify app (.apk) installed through m.spotify.com but it always gives me version 0.512.52,

where from I can download the latest version 0.6.6 (the .apk, not through google play store)?

Try m.spotify.com or http://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk
Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts