Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.6.6)

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.6.6)

What's new in this version:

• New: Spotify now speaks Thai, Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish and Malay
  • Fixed: Much more stable on Android 4.3
  • Fixed: Now even kinder to your battery
  • Fictitious: This app goes well with cheese and biscuits.

Notes:

As always, if you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [Android] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting

Community Ergo Sum
29 Replies

Just tried it...

Uninstalled the previous version,

clean intsall form  http://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk

... no luck,

still on version 0.512.52

thanx for the input anyway.

One thing I noticed with this version, is that when I stream from Android Samsung Galaxy Nexus through Bluetooth to my VW Passatt 2012 RS510 car radio, it now shows album name, artist and ttrackname!!

Understand its been like this on iPhone for a while but with android 4.3 getting a Bluetooth 4.0 update , perhaps that's what made it happen !!!! Over the moon

@vtsakiris wrote:

Just tried it...

Uninstalled the previous version,

clean intsall form  http://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk

... no luck,

still on version 0.512.52

thanx for the input anyway

interesting. when I use that link I also get 512. Looks like it might be us, not you. I'll ask someone If it can be updated or if there's a specific reason for this.

Community Ergo Sum

Nice update, but please add better support for high DPI devices. I mean shrink text areas and make more information/buttons visible directly, e.g. don't require to click through 2-step deep menus to reach normal functions.

Hi, I've updated to Version 0.6.6.270 but I still don't have the Discover or Browse options.

I still only have the What's New.

Are these features being rolled out over a period of time or should I have these options?

@allanmoon wrote:

Hi, I've updated to Version 0.6.6.270 but I still don't have the Discover or Browse options.

I still only have the What's New.

Are these features being rolled out over a period of time or should I have these options?

Discover is still in roll-out I believe, so don't worry they will appear in due time 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@djshackesq wrote:

@markdmc wrote:

* I do not want or need a large "Shuffle play" bar at the top of a  playlist.  The tidy little button on the currently playing track was and is sufficient for doing the same thing.  

--

I was one of the users who requested a Shuffle Play function, much like the iOS app has, and I'm thrilled the developers finally added such a function. It may seem like a small thing, but when I want to shuffle a playlist, such as my gym list, I don't want to always start with the same song, nor do I want to have to consciously choose a first song. With this "new" feature, I don't have to do either of those things. It may be large (and maybe can be smaller), but it is indeed different than just clicking the little shuffle icon. Thus, it should remain.

I like the button as well. It allows for a ramdom song selection 😉

@markdmc The button stops you from having to choose a starting song, which I have come to believe influences shuffle play. Its very useful 😉

wait, 0.6.6 is the new version, with Browse/Discover?

I don't get it, I STILL don't see the new options available in my Spotify for Android....and "What's New" is still there...but looking at the version shows 0.6.6.

Anyone else having this issue?  No new features?

@user-removed wrote:

wait, 0.6.6 is the new version, with Browse/Discover?

I don't get it, I STILL don't see the new options available in my Spotify for Android....and "What's New" is still there...but looking at the version shows 0.6.6.

Anyone else having this issue?  No new features?

The new discover and browse tabs are currently in roll-out stage, those features are linked to the app version. 

As it says in the browse announcement (and same for discover):

We are gradually rolling this out to our users over the next few weeks so no need to worry if you don’t see it right away. No need to update your app.

Discover is still rolling out but you should get both soon enough!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

We just released a new version. You'll find more info here.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts