Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify for Android version 0.5.0 - no shuffle option?

Has the shuffle option been removed? If not, how can I access it?

• Casual Listener
  • Has the shuffle option been removed? If not, how can I access it?
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 24 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 1 likes

Song wont Sync properly

I can't figure out what the problem is. I have "Against All Odds" by Phil Collins on my Spotify and it originally came from iTunes. It works perfectly fine on my Spotify program on the computer, but for some odd reason on the cell phone app it switch...

• I can't figure out what the problem is. I have "Against All Odds" by Phil Collins on my Spotify and it originally came from iTunes. It works perfectly fine on my Spotify program on the computer, but ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

is something up with spotify??

So I just set up my ZTE avid phone from metro PCs (don't laugh, it's actually decent) and as I signed on to spotify expecting for my account info to be present as it was on my previous mobile phone, I was greeted with a blank screen, just the spotify...

• So I just set up my ZTE avid phone from metro PCs (don't laugh, it's actually decent) and as I signed on to spotify expecting for my account info to be present as it was on my previous mobile phone, ...
  • Thedev
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

my playlist wont stay downloaded

some of my playlists won't stay downloaded all the way most of the songs on the playlist will stay downloaded but any new song I add will download for the moment but won't stay downloaded it keeps having to redownload them when I open it back up, ple...

• Casual Listener
  • some of my playlists won't stay downloaded all the way most of the songs on the playlist will stay downloaded but any new song I add will download for the moment but won't stay downloaded it keeps ha...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

help please

Will clearing the data delete all my music off the app???

• Casual Listener
  • Will clearing the data delete all my music off the app???
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

albums loading to slowly in Android app

first of all, please add a feedback option in your mobile apps for premium customers. second of all, please research why albums take too long to load in the latest version of your Android app. I'm using the latest version with a stock SG3 with the la...

• Casual Listener
  • first of all, please add a feedback option in your mobile apps for premium customers. second of all, please research why albums take too long to load in the latest version of your Android app. I'm us...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Radio gets mute every song

Hi, I am using the latest Spotify on a Google Nexus S phone. When I try to listen to Classical Radio while on the cellular network using headphones, Spotify will show that the song is playing but nothing can be heard on headphones. Pausing and resumi...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I am using the latest Spotify on a Google Nexus S phone. When I try to listen to Classical Radio while on the cellular network using headphones, Spotify will show that the song is play...
  • belegdol
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Imported music keeps disappearing

This is getting annoyed. So now and then my downloaded playlists on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S III) disappears. This also includes my imported music. Now I'm unable to recover this because it won't download anymore. Please help.

• Regular
  • This is getting annoyed. So now and then my downloaded playlists on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S III) disappears. This also includes my imported music. Now I'm unable to recover this beca...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

android want play music

Anyone else having problems not being able to hear the music coming out of the phone. It is showing its playing but nit hearing anything. Yes my volume is on because I can play and hear songs off other apps? I have deleted and re upload spotify still...

• Casual Listener
  • Anyone else having problems not being able to hear the music coming out of the phone. It is showing its playing but nit hearing anything. Yes my volume is on because I can play and hear songs off oth...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

downloading offline files - suuuper slow

brand new phone, samsung galaxy S3. therefore, brand new install of spotify. today, at the office with a 100Mbit downstream connection (of which my phone should get at least ca. 50Mbit on WiFi), started to download playlists for offline use. and it's...

• Gig Goer
  • brand new phone, samsung galaxy S3. therefore, brand new install of spotify.   today, at the office with a 100Mbit downstream connection (of which my phone should get at least ca. 50Mbit o...
  • royal23
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloads are cancelled on Galaxy Note

Ive managed to download my playlists to my samnsung Galaxy Note so I can listen in the car and when in hospital without using my data allowance. When i went to listen yesterday they had all been undownloaded and would have needed to se my data allowa...

• Casual Listener
  • Ive managed to download my playlists to my samnsung Galaxy Note so I can listen in the car and when in hospital without using my data allowance. When i went to listen yesterday they had all been un...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing playlist still wonky

I just switched from iOS to Android two days ago. I thought the Android app would be decent since the iOS App was starting to piss me off (especially with losing the hidden equalizer). Well, at least iOS synced my playlists in a timely and more impor...

• Music Fan
  • I just switched from iOS to Android two days ago. I thought the Android app would be decent since the iOS App was starting to piss me off (especially with losing the hidden equalizer). Well, at least...
  • Baltech
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Better icon

A new icon is needed. It's too small and blurry and it looks ugly alongside the other well-designed icons now available on 4.2. Look at it! http://i.imgur.com/ynHM4jB.jpg

• Casual Listener
  • A new icon is needed. It's too small and blurry and it looks ugly alongside the other well-designed icons now available on 4.2.   Look at it! http://i.imgur.com/ynHM4jB.jpg
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Sync Wifi versus 3G : offline playlists lost

Hi,I have a strange issue related to sync function. Indeed, when I set a playlist as offline in wifi, all is good. But then, when I go out and I loose my wifi network, this same playlist is not available anymore in offline folder...How can I fix it ?...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a strange issue related to sync function. Indeed, when I set a playlist as offline in wifi, all is good. But then, when I go out and I loose my wifi network, this same playlist is not...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song play interruption, even for downloaded songs!

I'm not using the new app for my Samsung Galaxy S2. I don't think but for some reason songs will just STOP playing about halfway through and ALL of my play queue is deleted. This happens for streaming songs and downloaded songs so it is not an Intern...

• Gig Goer
  • I'm not using the new app for my Samsung Galaxy S2. I don't think but for some reason songs will just STOP playing about halfway through and ALL of my play queue is deleted. This happens for stre...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

a few more android bugs just for the hell of it...

not that it matters at this point, but just to call attention to even more flaws in this app: 1. occassionally when navigating to an album from an artist page, the album loads and then immediately the white screen with the green spinny pops up on top...

• Roadie
  • not that it matters at this point, but just to call attention to even more flaws in this app:   1.  occassionally when navigating to an album from an artist page, the album loads and th...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Best app I ever used!

Hey Spotify and Android team who made this wonderful app! I enjoy this app so much. It's best app ever I downloaded via Google Market to my phone. I can enjoy easily music I like and sometimes I just listen this radio to find new stuff. The app is ju...

• Visitor
  • Hey Spotify and Android team who made this wonderful app!   I enjoy this app so much. It's best app ever I downloaded via Google Market to my phone. I can enjoy easily music I like and somet...
  • talesfer
  • Roadie
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Sync local files from computer to phone.

Hello I have playlist on my computer with some local files from my computer. When I sync them the title of the song will pop up on my phone but it says unable to play. I have tried to pass the same local file to my phone but my phone doesn't do anyth...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello I have playlist on my computer with some local files from my computer. When I sync them the title of the song will pop up on my phone but it says unable to play. I have tried to pass the same l...
  • jabe25
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

New update = white screen Samsung Galaxy SII

After updating Spotify (today) I only reach white screens, I can't see any playlists, options, NOTHING! How do I fix it? Can I fix it? Is it only a problem for me or have any other of you experienced the same thing?? Is it a bug in the update or have...

• After updating Spotify (today) I only reach white screens, I can't see any playlists, options, NOTHING! How do I fix it? Can I fix it? Is it only a problem for me or have any other of you experienc...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No sound after upgrade!! HELP!

I have paid for spotify premium, but since the new software upgrade I can't hear any music. It literally has no sound. The record plays but I can't hear anything. Tried to listen to other songs on youtube and webradio, and that worked flawless. So it...

• Casual Listener
  • I have paid for spotify premium, but since the new software upgrade I can't hear any music. It literally has no sound. The record plays but I can't hear anything. Tried to listen to other songs on yo...
  • Dreammy82
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes