Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.5)

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.5)

What's new in version 0.7.5
  • New: Never miss a gig! Artist views now feature touring details.
  • Improved: Spotify Connect will be on its best behaviour when you play radio.
  • Fixed: We've tickled some pixels and dealt with some crashes.
  • Fictitious: This app was assembled from old clock parts.
Notes
  • We believe this should also fix the issue of excessive data usage; please let us know in the comments if you're still experiencing this.
Community Ergo Sum
14 Replies

Appreciate all the updates and the changelog, but will you ever consider adding DLNA to Android? Spotify Connect is useless to most of us because we don't have any Spotify Connect enabled hardware. I've got at least 3 DLNA enabled recievers in my home though. iOS has airplay so it's not like you are only doing Spotify Connect.

• Improved: Spotify Connect will be on its best behaviour when you play radio.
  • Fixed: We've tickled some pixels and dealt with some crashes.

These are the worst techincal updates ever. Could you be more vague and flippant ? Did you fix the bug that was causing a shuffled playlist to stop playing between songs?

Did you fix the bug that was causing a shuffled playlist to stop playing between songs?

This is still an issue!

You just release a new version today, 1/21/2014 and it still has the issue of randomly stopping play while listening to shuffle play

@BillBialas wrote:

You just release a new version today, 1/21/2014 and it still has the issue of randomly stopping play while listening to shuffle play

Guessing that is this bug?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

After update (to 0.7.5) sometimes Spotify automatically logs out (usually when I restart the phone). When I log in again, all downloaded playlists disappear (all the files are still on the memory card)! I removed all the data and reinstalled the app, but it didn't help. My phone: Alcatel 6030X, Android 4.1.1

If the playlists are totally gone and not just no longer downloaded, is it possible you logged in with the wrong credentials (username instead of facebook)? 

@jwylot

No, I always log in by username.

Great update, thanks.

Is anyone experiencing inconsistent last fm scrobbling with this version? I start the app up in the morning and listen to music on the way to work and it scrobbles, then after work I go back to the app and choose another playlist and go home. The second playlist I choose doesn't get scrobbled at all and it takes either a restart of the app or playing another playlist to start scrobbling again. The missed scrobbles never get recovered.

It only happens if I've left the app running and then come back to it, it doesn't happen from a fresh start of the app. Happens on my S4 and my Galaxy Tab 8.

On my nexus 7 the song name on the lockscreen doesn't change when the song is skipped and the song playing always has the name of the song which played before it.

@oscaali We're collecting information on the lockscreen not updating in this bug topic. Could you add the relevant details there please? Thanks.

@jwylot
Device: Nexus 7 2nd gen
16gb model
Android 4.4.2
Not rooted

Well basically whenever you start a new song and turn the screen off and back on again to get to the lock screen, when I skip to the next song the name of the song seems to stay the same as the song before it although the name of the song in the notification bar is correct. The only way to fix this I found was by pressing the pause button on the home screen every time you change song to find out what song it is.
Thanks for the reply
-Oscar

Somewhat new to this so I've been doing a little research with various providers and have come to the conclusion that Spotify is not for android users: will not display song or artist info on my truck Apline receiver and constantly stops playing both the playlist and radio. Pandora on the other hand works flawlessly on android. I'm no fan of MP3 or any compressed audio and use these apps to find new music. When I find something I like I buy the CD and create uncompressed recordings onto thumb drives or mini CDs. Pandora's bit rate is lower but it works and gives me the info I want. If you ever played a compressed (including lossless) sound file on mid 5 figure home system you would realize how terrible these compressed formats are. So use pandora and buy what you like. Then get big fat thumb drives and load them up with perfect uncompressed files of your favorite playlists. You car, truck, headphones and home systems will sound their best...

Suggested posts