Removing a Song from a Playlist

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung S7

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I've not tried this on my PC but this issue is definitely on my phone.

I have a number of playlists on my phone and sometimes when listening to a particular playlist I want to remove a song. If I am displaying the playlist as a large album cover (that you can swipe left or right on) there are 3 dots in the bottom right corner. If I click on that I get the following options.

Save

Add to Playlist

Add to Queue

Go to Queue

View Album

View Artist

Go to Song Radio

Report Explicit Content

Show Credits

Now considering I am already in a playlist as it tell me above the album cover "playing from playlist" with the playlist name underneath it, why do I not have an option to remove from playlist.

To get the option to remove that track from the playlist I have to view it as a list, scroll down (a considerable way if it is a big playlist), find the track, click the 3 dots to the right of the track name and remove from playlist there.

Surely the app should be clever enough to know I want remove the app if showing in album view.

1 Reply

Hey @sjp1966, help's arrived. 

Bringing in that option to the 'Now Playing' view sounds like something other people would like. Feel free to add an idea so others can vote for it and contribute to the discussion.

Hope that helps 🙂 

Suggested posts