Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reproducable playback errors on one album

Solved!

Reproducable playback errors on one album

I am getting continous and reproducable playback errors on one specific album ("Firestorm" (2004) from "Tvangeste"). Is this issue connected to my account in any way or is it a problem with the data stored on spotify?

I have this problem on two different windows pcs in different networks as well on my android device (offline AND streaming). The error occurs excatly and reproducably at the the same positions of the tracks. For example at minute 1:07-1:09 of the song "Birth of the Hero" (Tvangeste – Birth of the Hero). There is an obviously hearable error like from a scrath on a disc.

First of all, I would like to know if this is a general problem with the data or do just I have that error? If so, how can I fix it and why does it occur on those many different devices?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, please follow the steps in the thread linked below to report the track error:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/PLEASE-READ-Reporting-Incorrect-Track-Info/td-p/25291

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Can you give some details about your Spotify app version, device being used and the software version on the device?

If you're on Android 5.x can you try the steps detailed here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/PLEASE-READ-Android-5-x-Lollipop-Distorted-playback-so...

Else please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

Android Troubleshooting:

My Spotify app on windows is version is 0.9.15.27.g87efe634.

The android device is a moto g (1st gen.) with android 5.0.2 running the spotify app in veriosn 2.2.0.636.

I also disabled "nuplayer". This didn't resolved the problem. Not really astonishing, as I the faulty playback is also in the windows application at the very same position of the song.

Marked as solution

Ok, please follow the steps in the thread linked below to report the track error:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/PLEASE-READ-Reporting-Incorrect-Track-Info/td-p/25291

Android Troubleshooting:

This is probably the solution.

I reported the track error, but now - after more then three months - the error has not been corrected.

Maybe, the music is not popular enough to be worth to get fixed...

Suggested posts