Premium

Country

USA 

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Operating System

Android Pie

My Issue

For about 2 weeks now my app has been completely unusable. It doesn't load anything. When I am able to search for a song, artist, or album, it just gets stuck with the green loading icon. If I am able to play a song it frequently stops, when I try and skip it just loads again. It's like this thing is running on dial-up.

This started when Spotify switched the app format to the one similar to iPhone, which I hate. The one where you need to click "full discography" in an artist's page to see all the albums, eps, and singles in one list, rather than separated. The issues with this new app is totally unacceptable. If this isn't fixed soon, they will loose another premium customer. 

7 Replies

Hey @austinpb94 

You should try deleting and reinstalling the app. Hopefully that'll fix the issue. ๐Ÿ™‚

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks @osornios but I've tried that before and it didn't work. I tred again after your suggestion and still experiencing the same issue.

@austinpb94 

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

@osornios I don't see any contact form and basically everything on that page links you to the community site

It's here. ๐Ÿ™‚

osorniosSpotify Star

Thanks! I missed it the first time. I just chatted with them and ended up removing my phone as an offline device and that seemed to do the trick. Time will tell if the issue arises again

@austinpb94 

Hopefully it won't. Glad to know it's all good now. ๐Ÿ™‚

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts