Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SPOTIFY IS SLOW!!!!

SPOTIFY IS SLOW!!!!

I have been a paid Spotify user for a long time now but I am considering canceling my account because it has been so slow recently. Seems to take several minutes to load my playlists, takes several minutes for a song to start playing, etc. I have done everything I can think of to troubleshoot. I have even hard reset my phone and reinstalled Spotify. Anyone else having these issues?

133 Replies

Here still the same.
Recently I've changed to Huawei gx8 (android marshmallow, 3gb ram, 32 rom and class 10 128gb sd card) and Spotify is still the only bulky and slow app in my whole system. This is funny, I thought It was my old mobile but It seems to be an app bad coding issue.
I've had no problem with this using Google music or Deezer, even in my old phone.

Please Spotify listen to your customers or soon another app will take the leadership and you'll regret it (this also goes for the ridiculous 10000 sings limit). Just listen to your premium users and try to improve their experience. Easy, isn't it?

Same here! On my Sony Xperia Z3 it loads and loads and loads... I often have to wait up to 5 minutes before playing music. Offline/online doesn't matter... The start is slow, the search is slow. I reinstalled everything, the app, the android Version, everything. This is horrible, sometimes i like to throw it against a wall, because of this f.... loading animation. As if that is not enough the apps on OSX doesn't work fast as well. On my quadcore + SSD Macbook with newly installed OS it is slow af. On my three times faster working desktop machine, also OSX, it's exactly as slow as on my macbook. I sometimes feel mentally exhausted because of loadings times. Also i have friends with different phones, laptops whatever, on every device it is slow and they report the same. Its making me crazy that this thread is vegetating here and nothing happens. Its not a small group of people with these problems! FIX IT, **bleep**! Sometimes i feel like a drug addict, because of my playlist and all the great social features of spotify, so i can't leave. Its driving me insane. 

So... Here I go... Searching for solutions to get this crappy app running fast and stable, just to find this thread and realize its never gonna happen.

I really liked Spotify... in the earlier versions... when there were real changelogs, improvements you know... But now I think Spotify doesn't give a darn cr*p about Android mobiles. I wished that developers responsed reasonably to only ONE thread mocking about the poor performance of the app.

Just trying out the free Deezer month and I think I'm going to stick with it. They got all I need, even a family account. It's just a shame..

true true, 2 years later, it's still a slowpoke!

ON PC!

So, by accident I found the Problem. It's the external SD-Card. When removed, Spotify works like a charm.

Unfortunately I already formatted the Card (Sandisk 64 GB Micro-SD Class 10), runs good for a few days until I take some Pictures and/or save the Spotify Content on the SD Card. So it's no solution, but the problem seems to be clearly the crappy storage-management of the APP. Any solutions yet?

4 Years and this thread still gets no attention. I'm definitely going to cancel my subscription to Spotify and just use it at home for my ps4 and computer. I will just get a subscription with google music. This is completly ridiculous. This should be fixed by now.

So i updated through a few phones and countless versions of Spotify with basically the same issue described in the earlier posts. Now on a Moto x and can't see my playlists unless I'm in offline mode, or have no songs on the sd. Going online basically freezes the app.
Nice that I finally find this thread to close the topic for me and cancel the Spotify accounts of me and my sister.

Windows Desktop App: Fantastic

Mac OS X Desktop App: Fantastic

Android App: Garbage

I don't know if it's a leadership, management, or developer ability issue on your Android team, but you need to fix this issue above anything else. When my company's application has a massive performance issue or glaring user facing bug, we solve it in a day, not 3 years.

Fix it or find replacements for your Android team who can.

Having the same issue on a Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (octa core CPU, 3 gb of ram, 32 gb of internal storage, 32 gb high speed microsd card, android marshmallow) 
I think it's fairly ridiculous to have such laggy performance on a high-end android device...
I also have the same spotify account on a  Galaxy S7 with a 64gb microsd card (android nougat) and no lags there.
Go figure... 

I've had Spotify for years, and it has always been slow. About once a month or so, I uninstall it from my Windows. I've had many laptops and hardtops, and Spotify has always been slow, on every single one of them. For example, today I wanted to hear about a band I read about called XYZ. So I typed in XYZ and waited. And waited. And waited. About 5 minutes later, the band emerged. So I clicked on the band. And waited. And waited. And waited. I walked away because I was too angry; I took a walk outside, came back in about 30 minutes later, and the band's profile was now there. This is typical. Right now, I've just uninstalled Spotify. I'll reinstall in an hour or so. And hope for the best. But I expect the worst. I honestly wish there were more competitors to Spotify, because it is awful. I never have this problem with Netflix. Why can I stream movies so easily, but streaming music is a herculean task that requires so much work on my part? Infuriating.

This thread is about the android version of spotify 😉

Takes FOREVER for Spotify to start up on my MacBook. And for playlists to load as well. I'm paying for a premium membership for this!? C'mon now. This is a drag.

So it's across the board. I use Spotify on two different Windows 10 PCs, 3 different Android devices, and now also hearing same issue from IOS users, all unbearably slow. All the proposed solutions may work, but only for a while. So they are band-aids, and an unnecessary pain in the **bleep**. And this has been going on for years, yet Spotify couldn't be bothered, or doesn't want to spend the money on hiring talented enough developers to fix it. Ridiculous. 

Suggested posts