Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[SPOTIFY STAFF] Is there any development at all being made on the Android app today?

Solved!

[SPOTIFY STAFF] Is there any development at all being made on the Android app today?

Hello,

I wonder if anyone from Spotify will be able to tell us an official answer about the situation that the Android app currently is in.

• Is there any development being made on it to make sure it works on 4.0+ devieces?
  • Why hasnt the Android app been getting the feature updates and bug fixes that iPhone users has?
  • The fact that most 4.0 users even cant use your app, whats the point of paying 99kr/9Euro a month any longer when there are competitors of yours offering working applications with regular updates as feedback comes in from the users?

The problems people are experiencing are different, but many experience Force closes directly after app startup, being unable to sweitch between online/offline mode sucessfully, star tracks etc. In many cases you cant even use the app because it crashes to often. 

Swedish Spotify staff if there are any, heres a good read: http://www.swedroid.se/klagomal-pa-spotify-appen-inkompatibel-med-android-4-0-pa-vissa-enheter/

Google translated: http://translate.google.se/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=htt...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

My Spotify closes as soon as I favourite mark any song, and a while later it starts itself.. And when I'm trying to play a song that is synced from my computer Spotify shuts down and restar later on.. Weird. An update would be great. Will not pay for it if it's keep closing down when it feels for it.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

For those of you that might not have seen it already, we've announced the preview version of the new Spotify app for Android today.

http://www.spotify.com/blog/archives/2012/04/19/new-android-preview/

Marked as solution

Hi ! My spotify app crashes and now i have unistall it and made a new installation and now it dosent start at all Smiley Mad It all started after the andreoid 4.0 update om my Samsung Galaxy S2 !! Do you have any solution on this problem ??

/Micke 

Marked as solution

Just to update everyone, the team is still working hard on the official release of the Android app.  Although its taking a while, the version to be uploaded in Google Play will have a number of new features and bug fixes.  We'll update all the threads as soon as its uploaded.  

27 Replies

i'm just glad i checked the android-app before signing up for premium (i was amazed by the desktop app for mac osx). now since the android-app on my galaxy nexus (4.0.2) is utterly useless, spotify will see no money... better luck next time!
Marked as solution

My Spotify closes as soon as I favourite mark any song, and a while later it starts itself.. And when I'm trying to play a song that is synced from my computer Spotify shuts down and restar later on.. Weird. An update would be great. Will not pay for it if it's keep closing down when it feels for it.

Mine works somehow, but try to find a song in a Playlist with hundrets of songs. Scroll scroll scroll...

16 million songs, but no way to sort them.

Will Spotify staff please take a stance on this issue. We are paying for your service!

I  really need a stable spotify for ICS, my life depends on it as i'm getting my first android. FIX IT! 

❤️

I don't think Spotify have access to the Android forum here!

I think it is pretty clear that Spotify have nothing but contempt for their Android user base and that further they have the most appaling customer service of any company I have the misfortune to deal with. They really are a joke.

just tried rdio, works fine on ics! 🙂

Jag förstår att du är svensk. Jag har precis upptäckt Spotify men har inte lyckats få mina 30 dagars free premium att fungera. Har fyllt i formulär men inte fått svar på snart 24 timmar. Är det normalt? Känns ju tveksamt att sedan betala till ett företag som inte går att komunicera med. Vad är din erfarenhet? Tack Ulla Reinert
Marked as solution

For those of you that might not have seen it already, we've announced the preview version of the new Spotify app for Android today.

http://www.spotify.com/blog/archives/2012/04/19/new-android-preview/

Marked as solution

Hi ! My spotify app crashes and now i have unistall it and made a new installation and now it dosent start at all Smiley Mad It all started after the andreoid 4.0 update om my Samsung Galaxy S2 !! Do you have any solution on this problem ??

/Micke 

Hey, you can try new preview of Android Spotify app.

https://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

Is the new preview any different from the beta we already have?

No, the preview is the beta - same thing.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Marked as solution

Just to update everyone, the team is still working hard on the official release of the Android app.  Although its taking a while, the version to be uploaded in Google Play will have a number of new features and bug fixes.  We'll update all the threads as soon as its uploaded.  

Thanks for the kind-of update.

If the release is still a ways off, it would be nice if there is a possibility of posting an updated beta release. That would also help you guys run through a thorough friendly-user test for the new features before releasing it to the world.

Dave
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Thanks for the update. I am looking forward to it. And although the current beta is just that, a beta with limitations and bugs, I must say that it's pretty stable and usable already. Looking forward to the update!

Sure hope the official release comes. Spotify isn't getting another dime from me until the day it's available.

Will the official release support resume playing ?

Suggested posts