Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Samsung Galaxy s8

Solved!

Samsung Galaxy s8

Got my sexy new s8 on the 19th but spotify keeps shutting off during regular playing. Sometimes I can listen to music for 10 minutes... other times a half hour... a few times I got lucky and got a few hours out of it. Wondering if it's a compatibility issue... hope it can get fixed soon. Won't be fun to have to bring out my ipod just for music when my phone should do it all...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I went into Spotify web login and found a link somewhere where it said log
out of all devices. I also uninstalled the app on my S8+ and reinstalled
it. Worked fine after that so I'm thinking something was still thinking it
was logged into my device.

View solution in original post

29 Replies

Hey @DanCer79!

No, this is not a compatibly issue, as the S8 uses Android. 

Please could you try a clean install of the application? 

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/reinstallation-of-spotify/

Yeah, I just uninstalled and then reinstalled. It shut off off between the second song on the playlist.

Hmm, that's not cool!

Does the app crash at all? Do you get any error messages?

No, it doesn't crash, it just shuts off in the middle of the song. I can easily get back in to the app. It's just annoying to go back and forth. 

Thanks for the information.

Do you have access to another account you could try?

If so, let me know if the problem still occurs 🙂

Keep me posted.

I tried it on my daughters account, she has an iPhone 6 plus, it didn't shut off. I also tried it on my ipod, again, it didn't shut off. 

Hi @DanCer79,

Thanks for the information. 

I recommend contacting Support about this issue, you can do this via Twitter (@SpotifyCares) or on the online contact form.

I'm having the exact same issue.  Whenever I open my app it asks me you are currently listening on Galaxy S8+ and then gives the option to continue or listen on this phone.  I have gone to Spotify online and "logged out of all devices" and then re-logged in and it still asks me this.  I get the same stuff - sometimes it plays 1-2 songs, sometimes 20 minutes worth but then randomly stops or pauses. 

I think something is going on with the S8 - never an issue with my Pixel or previous phones.  I will be doing the online form.

Hello @user-removed,

The Samsung device using Android OS, so it would not be an issue with the phone itself. 

I recommend contacting Support about this issue, you can do this via Twitter (@SpotifyCares) or on the online contact form.

-Thomas

Most likely Android is backgrounding your app to save battery. You'll need to go to the battery options and remove spotify from the 'optimized apps' list.

This should prevent the OS from freezing spotity.

Spotify helped fix my problem. My file was corrupt. They helped me to refresh the corrupt file and it has been working fine since. 
Thanks, Danielle

Great! Glad to hear the issue was resolved! I am always here to help if you have any more issues 🙂 

https://open.spotify.com/track/5Em4p6DHTRFjfBp66mGzJh

I have the same problem 🤐 how did you contact them and how they fix it? Thank you for helping
Marked as solution

I've had the same problem, Spotify AND Slacker pausing suddenly after maybe 7 mins, or up to 20 mins. I did ALL the suggestions seen in this forum. No effect. I am convinced it's the S8. One last thing I did was remove my SD card. In a past phone, the SD card became corrupted and caused my phone to do repeated factory resets out of nowhere. Removed the card, never did it again. So I removed the SD card just now, and Spotify has been playing for the past 3 hours without any issues. It's an easy fix, but no one seemed to know what to do, so frustrating.

** update: this didn't help long term. See my post for the fix I finally figured out close to the end of this thread 

See end of thread

I got the update and it still doesn't work. So frustrating. 

The update "fix" i thought worked, didnt for long. Still pausing, more frequently now. I've canceled Spotify, since I can't see paying for a service I get so frustrated with.  They really need to team up with Samsung and others to figure this glitch out!!

Suggested posts