Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Gear Support - IconX earbuds

Samsung Gear Support - IconX earbuds

Does Spotify allows me to download music to and play from IconX earbuds?  I have been trying to download music to my Gear IconX to no avail.  IF not, does anyone know which streaming program allows music to be downloaded or sync with external HD on Samsung Gear IconX?

Thanks,

26 Replies

The difficulty is with preserving control over the music which is, of course, subject to copyright and gathering playback statistics to pay artists. This is only possible if the streaming service app is installed on the device. So you certainly can't do this with spotify and it seems unlikely that any other streaming service would allow this but I may be wrong.

Couldn't Spotify require that the earbuds are connected to a phone or device with an internet connection every 30 days or stored music is erased? Thats what they do with devices like tablets, I can't see why it wouldn't work for the icon X.

Tablets will only work with downloaded spotify music if they have spotify installed so I don't see the connection.

Allow the phone to be an intermediary that has to sync up with the ear buds
every 30 days or music is deleted. Forcing users to sync headphones to to
the phone to update stored music (where info about copyright and music play
statistics are submitted)

New to this forum or Spotify Community Q&A format so will anyone with Spotify answer this question?  I want to buy the IconX earbuds and would love to download several of my songs I have on my Spotify Ap playlists?  If you download songs directly to the earbuds you get about 4 hours of battery instead of streaming Spotify on bluetooth you only get 90 minutes battery.  I pay $9.99 for prermium membership

Thanks for any help

I believe that you cannot currently download music to the gear iconX ear buds. Let me know if you end up buying them and are able to download playlists to the iconX though.

I wish this was the case,but unfortunately Spotify cannot download to the Gear IconX for listening. The only option you have to download to the Gear Iconx is music you actually have purchased, or stripped from CDs. The other option is to get a Google Play subscription for $9.99 and then you can download to your phone, and then you can select the tracks you want to download to the Gear Iconx.

This is a great option, I am actually using this with my Gear Iconx currently. There are the same 30 million plus trax available on Google Play music as other major streaming services like spotify, and you can organize into Playlists, having one for running, gym, commute, etc. you cannot have multiple playlist to choose from on the Gear at once, however, but you can replace one playlist for another, when needed.

I hope this helps.

I need to update my last comment. Spotify now supports downloading playlists and music for offline listening on the gear s2, s3 watch. Just be sure to download the latest version which is 1.1.39 at this time, if you have this, when you are connected to Wi-Fi you should see a download option when you go to one of your playlists.

You can download, leave your phone and go for a run or walk and have all of your music ready to listen. Work great. Kudos Spotify team for giving us this.

But you need to have the S2 or S3 Samsung watches, isnt it??

The idea is to take the music downloaded or saved from Spotify and through the application that synchronize with the Gear Icon X via Samsung Smarthphone, is it not possible yet?

Correct, at this time I have NOT seen it possible to download Spotify tracks/playlists to the IconX ear buds, just the S2 and S3 Watch.

Correct, at this time I have not seen it possible to download Spotify tracks/playlists to the IconX ear buds, just the S2 and S3 Watch.

None that I know of. This is my current frustration: not being able to sync Spotify with wireless earphones that have internal storage. Only thing I've seen worth mentioning is Mighty Audio, which is an iPod Shuffle-like music player (great for running/working out) but their relationship Spotify isn't clearly defined. So I'm hesitant to go that route. I'd much rather wait for something that Spotify articulates an agreement with. So frustrating that there isn't a good solution for using Spotify offline in a minimal fashion, suitable for people who consider it ridiculous to take a phone with them while running.

Is it possible to stream spotify through my frontier LTE to my Iconx buds? Is like to leave my phone in the car, and just connect the 

Buds to the watch. I can stream Sirius or spirit fro. My phone, and the watch has cellular.

Thank you,

M

You can indeed stream Spotify from the gear S3 watch to iconx ear buds. You will need a premium subscription first to download your playlists to the watch, then you connect the watch to iconx earbuds via Bluetooth, and you are good to go. Leave your phone behind and you will have your playlists on the go.

I have the premium, so I'm close. So I need to download the music to my
watch, then replay? I can't stream over 4g from the watch to the iconx? If
this is the case, why do I need spotify? I can download songs to my phone
for free, then to my icon or watch. Also takes some of the fun out of the
watch's supposed freedom.

If really like a Sirius app

Just got these headphones, and I have downloaded music from my google music to my device, but can't that to show up for transfer via bluetooth.  Any help?

You need to put the ear buds in their case then plug the case to your pc or phone. Use the gear app to transfer music from phone/pc to the ear buds.

@bluebaker10

I have a subscription to Google Play Music and have downloaded music to my phone and tried to get that music to my IconX 2018. I connected my phone to the case with the earbud in and open the Gear app on the phone for IconX. The only music that shows is my downloaded mp3 files. What am I doing wrong??

When I download the songs using my Google play music subscription it just let's me play them when offline but not transfer to my gear iconx... there is an option to buy the song but I obviously want to avoid that when already paying for a Google play music and spotify subscription both and been unable to get songs transferred to them from either subscription. Can you walk me through this for the Google play music subscription.. When I click transfer songs when I connect them it shows non available but in my play music it shows them as downloaded. Thanks!

Suggested posts