Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto Album Art

I'm using a Spotify on a Nexus 5X Android phone. When using Spotify with Android Auto in my 2016 Honda Civic, I noticed that the album art displays on the main touch screen when playing music but not on the music information screen on the dashboard (...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using a Spotify on a Nexus 5X Android phone. When using Spotify with Android Auto in my 2016 Honda Civic, I noticed that the album art displays on the main touch screen when playing music but not...
  • dannyhefc69
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

The song skips a couple seconds when I close or open the phone screen

Whenever I open or close the phone screen the song or ad skips a couple seconds. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it still does this. It's been happening for a couple months.

• Whenever I open or close the phone screen the song or ad skips a couple seconds. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it still does this. It's been happening for a couple months.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Music Cast Yamaha and spotify connect

I've seen previous posts about this problem but never any clear answers.Yesterday everything worked fine but today my spotify won't connect to any of my two Yamaha speakers (yas-306 and Wx-010) using Spotify connect.They both show up, but after 10 se...

• Regular
  • I've seen previous posts about this problem but never any clear answers. Yesterday everything worked fine but today my spotify won't connect to any of my two Yamaha speakers (yas-306 and Wx-010) usi...
  • schoene
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Connect
    musiccast
    wx-010
    Yamaha
    yas-306
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Wrong song info in my cars infotainment

Since a few updates ago my infotainment system in my car, a WV Tiguan 2015 mod. is constantly showing the previous song info in the car display. It starts with the correct song info, but when the next song starts, it still shows the previous song inf...

• Regular
  • Since a few updates ago my infotainment system in my car, a WV Tiguan 2015 mod. is constantly showing the previous song info in the car display. It starts with the correct song info, but when the nex...
  • j-furenius
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Login Screen flickering with colors

This is on Samsung Galaxy Amp 2 cricket phone. My eyes hurt and this color flickering makes me want to vomit. Please help. Is there any way to fix this? Seizure Warning:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5nJFEIifeY&feature=youtu.be

• Casual Listener
  • This is on Samsung Galaxy Amp 2 cricket phone.   My eyes hurt and this color flickering makes me want to vomit. Please help.   Is there any way to fix this?   Seizure Warning: h...
  • romeotomescu
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app doesnt work or respond after log in

HeyI have galaxy note 8.Downloaded Spotify, the log in screen is fine, but just after logging in it gets stuck. Shows nothing. After a while the system the app is not responding. Tried to uninstall and reinstall a few times. Wiped data. Logged in wit...

• Visitor
  • Hey I have galaxy note 8. Downloaded Spotify, the log in screen is fine, but just after logging in it gets stuck. Shows nothing. After a while the system the app is not responding. Tried to uninsta...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ads get stuck on screen

Relatively often, the upgrade to premium ads blow up in my face but then can't be closed, rendering the app useless. A restart fixes it. Here's a video.

• Casual Listener
  • Relatively often, the upgrade to premium ads blow up in my face but then can't be closed, rendering the app useless. A restart fixes it. Here's a video.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Eliminar descarga automatica

Como hago para que cuando apenas tengo algo de memoria se me empiecen a descargar las canciones? Quiero cancelar la descarga automatica. Se puede? Sino me quedo sin memoria siempre

• Como hago para que cuando apenas tengo algo de memoria se me empiecen a descargar las canciones? Quiero cancelar la descarga automatica. Se puede? Sino me quedo sin memoria siempre
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes

Spotify auto opens and starts playing when connected to bluetooth. Plz fix

How can i stop spotify from autostarting when it connects to bluetooth.However, even when I have closed it out and restarted my phone, Spotify automatically becomes the first thing playing even if I have previously been using a different program. It'...

• How can i stop spotify from autostarting when it connects to bluetooth. However, even when I have closed it out and restarted my phone, Spotify automatically becomes the first thing playing even if ...
  • Micronology
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes
  • autoopen
    autoplay
    bluetooth
    no settings
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes

Unable to Hide Recently Played Artists

Hello, I'm trying to hide my recently played artists but I can't find any option in the Android preferences, I tried from the mac app as well but when I turn it off in the preferences it keeps turning on again everytime I open the app again. If someb...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I'm trying to hide my recently played artists but I can't find any option in the Android preferences, I tried from the mac app as well but when I turn it off in the preferen...
  • trock86
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify using 1.8 gb of internal memory on Android marshmalloe

WTF??? My SD Card has all the Spotify Files on it, but a uninstall and reinstall of Spotify shows the App using 1.8 gb of internal memory. Can somebody explain this? I have read other threads but still am puzzled as to why this is happening. Thanks i...

• Casual Listener
  • WTF??? My SD Card has all the Spotify Files on it, but a uninstall and reinstall of Spotify shows the App using 1.8 gb of internal memory. Can somebody explain this? I have read other threads but sti...
  • Nate900
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

samsung tablet A behind the lyrics not working

I have a Samsung Tablet A with Pen and the Behind the Lyrics does not work/show on the tablet. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app. I am sure i have picked a song that hast the lyrics (i see them on my phone app). I have checked my settings and th...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung Tablet A  with Pen and the Behind the Lyrics does not work/show on the tablet.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app.  I am sure i have picked a song that hast the l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug

Hii anyone also has the problem that sometime the song is played in full screen and sometime not?

• Casual Listener
  • Hii anyone also has the problem that sometime the song is played in full screen and sometime not? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung s8 clear view cover controls

I've tried searching for this online, but haven't found anything.. On my samsung s8, with clear view cover, i'm not able to use spotify controls from the cover. I just updated android on it, so maybe that has something to do with it? I was able to us...

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried searching for this online, but haven't found anything..   On my samsung s8, with clear view cover, i'm not able to use spotify controls from the cover. I just updated android o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in on android

I can’t log in to Spotify on android, even after reinstalling the app multiple times and resetting my password. I have tried to log in with both Facebook and my username to no avail. Can you please look into this issue?

• Visitor
  • I can’t log in to Spotify on android, even after reinstalling the app multiple times and resetting my password. I have tried to log in with both Facebook and my username to no avail. Can you please l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Will devs fix the lockscreen for TouchWiz already?

Seriouly this is so annoying cant even see the album art without clicking that small thing on my lockscreen. When will it fixed ?

• Casual Listener
  • Seriouly this is so annoying cant even see the album art without clicking that small thing on my lockscreen. When will it fixed ?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

On behalf of all free android users, You suck.

As many other people, a couple days ago i recieved the email telling me i was to stop using a modified app and i did, even went one step forward and completely stoped using the app altogether. Lets face it, your buisness model sucks on the android pl...

• Regular
  • As many other people, a couple days ago i recieved the email telling me i was to stop using a modified app and i did, even went one step forward and completely stoped using the app altogether. &nbsp...
  • AlexFDR
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 27 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 27 likes

Solved!! Delete cache and saved data

So I want to delete/un-download the songs I have downloaded to my offline mode, so I can clear some space on my smart-phone, and I was wondering if using the setting "Delete cache and saved data", under "Other" would be the easiest way. But would tha...

• So I want to delete/un-download the songs I have downloaded to my offline mode, so I can clear some space on my smart-phone, and I was wondering if using the setting "Delete cache and saved data", un...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes