Samsung Gear s3 connection problem

Solved!

Samsung Gear s3 connection problem

When ı i try to remote control it says
Bluetooth disconnected
1482850617878966928102.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just found out the solution to this problem. This morning, I was playing around with my Gear S3 to see what the Spotify application was capable of... upon finding out that my Gear S3 could remotely connect to WiFi and play music on its own without reliance of my phone - Samsung Galaxy S7 - was a miracle (lol I sound stupid). So I listened to the music for a while until I wanted to put it into back "Remote" mode, when it wouldn't work. Every time, when I would press "Remote" mode, it wouldn't allow me.

What I did was first go to Spotify.com, and removed my S3 device as one of the offline devices (as I have Spotify Premium). Interestingly enough, it came up as a 'Linux' device for some reason. Then I logged out of the app, closed the app (from S3's Recent Apps menu), and uninstalled it via my S7. I then reinstalled the app via my S7 again, and went straight to go turn off my Bluetooth on my phone. I waited for a few seconds before turning the Bluetooth back on. I started playing random music on my phone, and went back to my Gear S3 to choose "Remote". And somehow, this fixed the issue. I checked it, and it connects everytime back to "Remote" mode and it plays from my S7. Not sure if it'll work, but give it a try. It's best to exhaust your options and try all possibilities. Hope that helps..

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

same issue with my lg g4 ,go to settings on your watch then connections - BT- select BTheadphones enable for media audio , SORTED!!!!

Marked as solution

@applerayl Well I'm super glad at least part of my solution worked for you! Spotify seems to have glitches everywhere so I just don't bother with changing the mode on my S3 anymore. I just keep it in Remote mode and that works the best whether I'm listening at home through my phone or in my car via Bluetooth audio. Thanks for the like and the "testimonial" 🙂

42 Replies

I have the same issue. It used to Work fine and now i get the same Message

What mobile phones are you guys using?

Nexus 6p

It is starting to look like spotify on Samsung wearables won't play nicely with non-Samsung phones. I have no idea if this is down to Spotify or Samsung so I suggest you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

If your Gear won't connect to any BT phones. how is that a spotify issue? I'm confused here.

I have a Samsung s7 and mine comes up with the same message on the s3 face keeps saying bt disconnected so bit confused

My Comments...

Gear S3 Frontier

Blackberry Priv Running Mashmallow

Gear connects to Priv and Gear App with no issues via Bluetooth

You start the app on the Gear, Spotify will open on the phone... then Spotify App comes up with the "BT Disconnected" error... selecting Remote does not work... The Premium Account login and Wifi Streaming worked but remote control of the phone app never worked...

Also, no downloaded music support on Gear directly which limits usefullness for remote use (like exercise running etc.)

I have the exact same issue and excact same issue that bertwarbutton has using my PRIV. It worked fine with my s7 edge but I had to send it off for warranty work.  I tried to use on my motocycle and got the BT error. Weird.  I'm assuming that maybe it's looking for BT heardphones connected to Gear S3?  But I'm hardwired to my phone and just want to use the watch for remote changing. I now it works because it had all the album pics in the widget and would open up Spotify on my s7 Edge.  

Hi, 

While I initially had this issue it now disappeared.

I reset the watch serveral time and re-installed the apps on my Nexus as well, this did not make a change.

What apparently made it work again and this might just be a coincidence, was that I paired my mobile with my computer via bluetooth. So I had a connection to the watch from my mobile, then I paired the mobile with my computer and suddenly the remote connection between my phone and spotify on the watch started working. I restarted the phone several times in the meantime and it connects every time.

As I said before this might just be a coincidence, but trying this won't hurt.

I am experiencing this problem. Nexus 6P. Just got the S3 today; the promise of a Spotify app on the watch was very important to me. Since apparently your Bluetooth menu option represents a connection to a Bluetooth headset rather than the phone, I've tried both with and without a headset paired with the watch. I am able to set the s3 to Stream Over WiFi mode and control the watch player from my phone just fine, and selecting Remote mode on the watch opens and/or moves the phone app to the Spotify home tab, but then the watch spins for a bit and gives the error, so obviously some communication is taking place. This is at least 50% of the usefulness of this app, please get this fixed!

I had the same problem with mine. The thing is that when you connect Gear S3 to Wifi on the clock, it somehow overides the bluetooth when connected to spotify. Thats why you get the BT not connected error. When i was connected to wifi i could only use spotify on the gear s3. But when i shut of wifi on gear s3, and only connected via bluetooth i could change song etc on my phone via gear S3.  I use a Galaxy S7 edge. 

Samsung has no clue and I couldn't understand the woman at all. She actually told me to go to geek squad and this was Samsung tech dept.!

ive been going back and forth with Spotify for 4 days and 8 emails and they finally said that this app was actually the creation of Samsung and for Samsung and they would have to fix the issue! Really!? I'm disgusted with this already. No one will even admit that this is an actual issue. Well they either don't read their emails or forum or they don't care. I'm using a Motorola droid running 6.0.1 and that phone is supposedly capatable so as of now, no one can help fix the sign on issue. I randomly get a sign on screen and attempt to sign in but it just spins the Spotify green circle for hours. Otherwise it says bt is disconnected when it is not. 

Not sure if it's the phone or the App? Apparently Spotify said that Samsung is the actual creator of this specific Spotify app for the gear 3 so it's not their issue. I find this upsetting to say the least. Everyone is passing the buck instead of updating the app with a fix. 

So after a ridiculous amount of time, i have fixed my issue, which may help some of you.  I am trying to stream on my watch, without my phone (Galaxy S6) and could not get this working.  Anyway I was getting the BT Disonnected and then when I tried to connect my Gear S3 to Spotiify via LTE, I would log in (on the watch), then i it occured to me I had this same issue a while back on my phone. Instead of loggin into Spotify with my email address, I used my Spotify username, even though the login box says "email"....once i did that BOOM.  Worked perfect and has continued to work with zero issues!  Hope this helps some of you.

My user name is my email I think. And I don't have the lte version of the gear 3.

I thought my email was my username until I looked in account in spotify. Mine was different.

I'm already logged in via my username on the watch, even tried relogging, remote mode still does not connect. LTE and WiFi modes always worked fine for me. It appears to only affect non-Samsung phones, which would explain why yours works homeboyslim.
Marked as solution

I just found out the solution to this problem. This morning, I was playing around with my Gear S3 to see what the Spotify application was capable of... upon finding out that my Gear S3 could remotely connect to WiFi and play music on its own without reliance of my phone - Samsung Galaxy S7 - was a miracle (lol I sound stupid). So I listened to the music for a while until I wanted to put it into back "Remote" mode, when it wouldn't work. Every time, when I would press "Remote" mode, it wouldn't allow me.

What I did was first go to Spotify.com, and removed my S3 device as one of the offline devices (as I have Spotify Premium). Interestingly enough, it came up as a 'Linux' device for some reason. Then I logged out of the app, closed the app (from S3's Recent Apps menu), and uninstalled it via my S7. I then reinstalled the app via my S7 again, and went straight to go turn off my Bluetooth on my phone. I waited for a few seconds before turning the Bluetooth back on. I started playing random music on my phone, and went back to my Gear S3 to choose "Remote". And somehow, this fixed the issue. I checked it, and it connects everytime back to "Remote" mode and it plays from my S7. Not sure if it'll work, but give it a try. It's best to exhaust your options and try all possibilities. Hope that helps..

Suggested posts