Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Samsung] Spotify Connect volume control problem

Solved!

[Samsung] Spotify Connect volume control problem

Hi,

I have a Samsung HW-MS550 and HW-MS650 soundbar and both soundbars have a serious volume control problem when using Spotify Connect.

When I try to change the volume from inside the Spotify app, the soundbars increase the volume with increments of 7 steps. This is way to course and results in either too low volume or way to loud volume. The volume increment should obviously be 1 step at the time.

The problem is also described in the following (locked?) topics:

But also on the Samsung forums:

Is there any chance that this problem will be fixed any time soon? The issue exists for 1.5 years by now.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is a problem that could (should?) be handled by your soundbar/amplifier. Spotify just provides a 1-100% of max volume. How -your devices maps that to a device volume is up to the device. I would not like to have 100% mapped to max volume on a 200W amplifier. Harman Kardon in their Citation AMP has an option to set max volume (for streaming clients) in their web interface. Setting it at 10% makes 60% in Spotify a comfortable listening level.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Can a moderator post this topic in the 'Ongoing Issues' section? Apparently I cannot. 

Thanks!

Anyone please?

Can at least anybody help me with posting this issue on the 'Ongoing Issues' section?

I seem to have no permission to post there..

Any moderators want to help me with this?

Capture.PNG

Hello?

Can I get any help with this?

Great support forum.. Nice Spotify

I agree, this makes the service completely unusable through the app, which is very unfortunate as the ability to connect to Spotify through Samsung’s Multiroom app has been taken away. Please change the increment to 1 or 2 and let people decide how many times they want to click, this should be a simple fix!!!

I agree, it is not user friendly! I have to quit Spotify app then use the soundbar app to adjust the volume 😕
I want 1click = 1 step increment
Please Spotify devs, do something about it
Marked as solution

This is a problem that could (should?) be handled by your soundbar/amplifier. Spotify just provides a 1-100% of max volume. How -your devices maps that to a device volume is up to the device. I would not like to have 100% mapped to max volume on a 200W amplifier. Harman Kardon in their Citation AMP has an option to set max volume (for streaming clients) in their web interface. Setting it at 10% makes 60% in Spotify a comfortable listening level.

It lloks that I cannot change the volume I credential rule (1 click for 7% volume) on my LG sound bar app.... 

Suggested posts