Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung s10 using earbud keeps pausing

Samsung s10 using earbud keeps pausing

Free subscription

Device

S10 using earbuds

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps pausing when in my pocket with screen locked and case covering screen. No other apps playing music or audio books do this. It is a Spotify issue or setting I need help with.

14 Replies

I've had this issue, both on Bluetooth and wired headphones. Something funny going on. 😞

Same issue! when i unlock the screen the music turns back to play. It's annoying 

I am having the exact issue. Is it the earbuds?

Whelp, listening with my wired headphones...having the same issue...wth

i dont think so, in my car (bluetooth) happends to! 

This just started happening to me this morning. Don't know if it's a Spotify update (last updated on March 6) or a Galaxy Buds update (updated after it started happening). I'm using Spotify 8.4.96.952, Galaxy Buds R170XXU0ASC2, and Galaxy S10+ on Android 9 with One UI 1.1.

I'm having this exact same issue and it just started this morning. I'm using bluetooth headphones (not galaxy buds), so I think this is an app issue.

I was having the same issue.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify and everything seems to be working fine now. Try that, I hope it works.

Go to Settings > Apps

Find Spotify

Select Optimise battery usage

Change the selector to All

Find Spotify again

Deselect the battery optomise check box.

Worked for me, was driving me nuts!!!

Hi

If I hit the off button on the right it seems to lock and be OK.  I also did the turn on and turn off batteryoptimisation tip.

However when I run and use the Nike Run App with Spotify playing it pauses every 10 minutes.  When I use third party wireless headphones no issue.

Would seem to be issue with the earbuds integration...

Change the battery optimisation setting, both for the Spotify app and for the Galaxy Buds app (or any other headphones you might be using). If you're using wired headphones, the Spotify setting is enough to fix it. There seems to be an issue with battery saving and music streaming in Android Pie, at least for Samsung phones.

THIS THIS THIS 

@spotachris wrote:

Go to Settings > Apps

Find Spotify

Select Optimise battery usage

Change the selector to All

Find Spotify again

Deselect the battery optomise check box.

Worked for me, was driving me nuts!!!

THIS THIS THIS 

I had this issue too, just go to Settings, then App setting and select - Allow background activity!I had this issue too, just go to Settings, then App setting and select - Allow background activity!

Suggested posts