Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung s7 controls

Samsung s7 controls

I did the last 2 spotify updates on my phone, but when I did them I ended up losing my notification panel and lock screen controls. Now I have to have the app open and displayed on my screen to change the song instead of being able to use the controls. I've tried everythi g I can think of. I just want my controls back. Any tips are welcome.
7 Replies

Does the solution posted in this thread help at all? Or maybe this one?

It still won't show on my lock screen

Try restarting your phone. Justt to be clear, you're saying that the spotify notification is not appearing at all on thee lock screen when music is playing? You're not talking about the Always On Display?

If you still have problems with this, please confirm your android and spotify versions, thanks.

Spotify will not display at all on my lock screen. Not even while the app
is running. I have the latest spotify upgrade and am running Android 7.

Scroll to the bottom in spotify's settings to see the version you're using. Please post this, thanks.

Version 8.4

8.4.1.846, 8.4.3.479 or 8.4.4.810? If you can't be bothered to provide the requested information, it makes this harder than it needs to be.

Please also confirm whether you are using Samsung's touchwiz or a third party app launcher such as Nova or Apex.

Also please double-check that when you go to android settings > notifications > advanced > spotify that "Allow notifications" is turned on and "On lock screen" is set to show content.

Thank you.

Suggested posts