Announcements

Lockscreen and notification bar controls not showing up

Solved!

Regular
I'm running Spotify on a nexus 6 with android 6.0.1 with latest security updates. For the last two weeks now the notification bar and lockscreen controls won't come up. At first I thought I might have blocked it from the lock screen but the app permissions are all normal. This seems to have been doing this since the last update. Anyone else have this issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Lockscreen and notification bar controls not showing up

Regular

Might have a solution to this  problem, go to settings, sounds and notifications then app notifications. The list will take a while to populate if like me you have a zillion apps. Scroll to Spotify and uncheck or grey out hide sensitive content. That for me was blocking the player controls from coming up. Seems to be working now. 

I suspect the latest security update from Google put that in place as I certainly never had all content hidden from Spotify and the last time it happened it took a soft reset of the phone to sort out. I think this might need to be watched as I suspect that this issue, might crop up again after a reset or another security update from Google... 

View solution in original post

38 Replies

Yeah it's like that for me too, we need a fix!!

Casual Listener
I'm having the same issue. I have escalated to spotify technical support and they have no clue how to fix it. Super frustrating

I have the same problem. Really annoying. I hope Spotify (or google) get this sorted shortly. 

Roadie
I have the same problem on a bq Aquaris X5 Plus running Android 6.0.1. Force closing Spotify fixes it for a while, but the issue keeps coming back.

Casual Listener

For me most of the time the notification appears, but then it sometimes dissapears randomly and I have to close the spotify tab and then reopen it in order to get the notification coming up again.

Solution!

Regular

Might have a solution to this  problem, go to settings, sounds and notifications then app notifications. The list will take a while to populate if like me you have a zillion apps. Scroll to Spotify and uncheck or grey out hide sensitive content. That for me was blocking the player controls from coming up. Seems to be working now. 

I suspect the latest security update from Google put that in place as I certainly never had all content hidden from Spotify and the last time it happened it took a soft reset of the phone to sort out. I think this might need to be watched as I suspect that this issue, might crop up again after a reset or another security update from Google... 

View solution in original post

Regular
The issue is seen even with Spotify setup to show all notifications. This occurs on latest Spotify only (6.3.x.x). Issue not seen in v5.x.

I think it amy have had to do with an Android or spotify update because I didnt used to have this problem either. It seems to me like Android or Spotify puts the app to sleep after not being "active"  so then tthe notification controls disappear.

Its really frustrating because my handset controls also dont work if the lock screen controls disappear

I ahve checked subreddits and xda forums and no one seems to know how to fix this

Regular

My so called solution worked for a while, seems the hide sensitive content check mark in app notifications gets selected automatically for some reason... 

SUGGESTED POSTS