NEXT STEP

Scroll bar keeps disappearing

Scroll bar keeps disappearing

Premium user

Finland

OnePlus 3T (ONEPLUS A3003_28_161213)

OxygenOS 3.5.4

Android 6.0.1

The handy scroll bar has been disappearing in a random fashion for a couple of days now. First it is there and the songlist is easily scrollable, then after some time (may be half an hour, or a couple of hours) it disappears completely, making long songlists scrollable only by sweeping downwards with finger, which is tedious and takes ages if the songlist is very long. Closing and opening the app does not help, but the scroll bar reappears after logout-login, just to disappear again after a while. I have already made a clean reinstall of the app, everything else with the smartphone itself should be ok. The reinstall did not help either.

I was so desperate to get back the damn scroll bar that I even updated my phone to 

OxygenOS 4.5.1

Android 7.1.1

which, of course, was a major mistake in many ways, but Spotify lost other functionalities too. I ran two clean reinstalls with reboots of the phone. The scroll bar disappeared for good, but the missing scroll bar is now the smallest of my problems. First Spotify app did not open at all, now that it finally did, I have general difficulties to use the app. Homepage takes ages to load, if does it at all. The app is painstakingly slow to respond. Other apps run quickly and function as usual.

Screenshot_Spotify scroll bar.png
4 Replies

I was so desperate to get back the damn scroll bar that I even updated my phone to 

OxygenOS 4.5.1

Android 7.1.1

which, of course, was a major mistake in many ways, but Spotify lost other functionalities too. I ran two clean reinstalls with reboots of the phone. The scroll bar disappeared for good, but the missing scroll bar is now the smallest of my problems. First Spotify app did not open at all, now that it finally did, I have general difficulties to use the app. Homepage takes ages to load, if does it at all. The app is painstakingly slow to respond. Other apps run quickly and function as usual.

Hey there @sunellja,

Thanks for telling us about this! 

It's good that one of the first steps you've tried was a clean reinstall. 

Can you check if you can see the scroll bar in the app when logging in in another account? You could create a Free one using another email-address and test it out. 

Also, can you confirm what Spotify version you're currently using?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies! 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Happening again in August 2022. 

Hey @davjos99,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for reporting this issue.

This type of issue usually happens after an update if the device has still stored some damaged cache from previous versions. First, would you mind confirming if you already tried any troubleshooting? If not, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running. This will give us a better look to keep investigating this case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts