Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search doesnt match certain artists

Search doesnt match certain artists

I'm on a Nexus 4, Android 4.4.2, Spotify 0.7.4.610.gd7332b3

In the search bar, search for artist Man Man by searching: man man.  Man Man is NOT returned in the list of artists.  On a mac desktop, searching for man man returns the correct result.

You can however search for album names or specific songs on the android app.  For example, searching for the Man Man album On Oni Pond by searching on oni pond returns the correct album result.

As suggested you can locate the real Man Man by searching for the phrase "man man".  But you still run into problems if you have a band name which is entirely a subset of other band names.  For example the band LIFE, even searching for "LIFE" will not get you where you want to be.  

Is there syntax for performing an exact search?  It seems like really there should just be a 'more artists' button or something similar on the results

2 Replies

Hiya. Mobile searches return fewer matches - six in the case of android and, unfortunately, typing man man returns artists with the word man in their name. If you enclose your search term in quotation marks, it will return artists with that phrase in their name. So man man fails but "man man" works.

I tried your suggestion and it does indeed work, however It seems incorrect to me that an exact match wouldnt make it in the results list (probably at the top).

I added an alternate search issue to my original question.

Suggested posts