Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Serious problem with volume - ear damage alert!!!

Solved!

Serious problem with volume - ear damage alert!!!

I have a samsung galaxy s4, when im using spotify the max volume is first till low butik after a few minutes something happens and The volume is all of a sudden super high. I mean a permanent ear damage is very possible.

Any ideas om what could cause this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys, has anyone experiencing this changed any equalizer settings on their phones at all? Do you still have the problem if you turn off the equalizer?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

38 Replies

Now The volume switched back tog low again. This makes spotify useless since i cant listen to the volume i want....

Hi, and welcome to the community!

This shouldn't be happening, have you tried a reinstall of Spotify?

I don't use android so I can't confirm it, but if there is an option for 'set the same volume' either in Spotify or android settings, try enabling it.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Yes i have re-installed and I still have the same issue. 

This is the first report I've seen of anything like this Is it possible you have another equaliser running on your phone which could be causing this? What are you listening on by the way?

no eq that i know of the phone is new and i have not installed anything like that on it.

listening to some different tracks / albums

Wired headset/BT headset/speakers?

the earphones that came with the phone, tested with old iphone earphones with the same result.

I can confirm, same issue here. But it's very random.

The switch in volume often happen when you do something else with the phone while listning to spotify or if you receive a message/other notice. For me its random but very frequent...

Yes please seriously Spotify fix it!!!

Twice today, I listen at reasonable volume, then do something other with my phone and tadaa volume is at max level!!! Ear damage is easy with this!!! Please fix! It's annoying and frustrating for product I pay!!! It's happening only in Android version, I have new update, re-install no help.

I use Sony wired earphones (with bass booster). Sony MDR-XB30EX Extra Bass earphones.

Volume is randomly at max level when I do something with my phone, for example checking settings.

My phone is Huawei Ascend P1 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1.

SERIOUSLY FIX IT BEFORE I GET EAR DAMAGE!!!

I escalated this to staff!

Well i have no fix for you but you way want to think about using Google play music (they just came out with a spotify like service) any way you can do the 30 day free right now and if you pay for your first month before June 30 it's only 8 bucks per month forever and besides the android player for Google music is so much beter

I would If I could butik it dosent work in sweden yet.

Are we going to get some official response here?

This is the first time I have used the communtiy...

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear about this issue, it's certainly a strange one!

So that we can keep track of this properly can anyone affected please let us know the following info:

Device Make/Model

Android Version

Spotify App Version 

In the meantime I'd suggest a clean reinstallation just to be sure you're up to date, as well as changing streaming quality to see if this is occuring on one setting only. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Hey,

Device Make/Model: Huawei Ascend P1

Android Version: Jelly Bean 4.1.1

Spotify App Version: 0.6.0.20

Tried re-installing.

Samsung Galaxy S4

Androidversion: 4.2.2

Spotify version: 0.6.0.20

Marked as solution

Hey guys, has anyone experiencing this changed any equalizer settings on their phones at all? Do you still have the problem if you turn off the equalizer?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hey there,

I deleted an Equalizer (the settings from Spotify settings) and disabled it Completely. Now checked settings etc. in my phone and this problem is gone. To reproduxe I enabled this Equalizer and after some minute in Settings the volume was at max again.

So for me disabling EQ worked.

I still have enabled laso built-in Dolby Digital Plus (this is some equalisator too) and with this no volume problems.

I can listen music now. Thanks.

Screenshot_2013-05-16-19-31-39.png

I use my Huawei Ascend P1 as my Spotify player on the go.

Suggested posts