Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle function Liked Songs

Solved!

Shuffle function Liked Songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

OnePlus 7T

My Question or Issue

For some reason since the last update, the shuffle function in my liked songs, instead of shuffling the songs, creates the same 'playlist' based on from which song I trigger the shuffle function. This is quite annoying, because it keeps repeating the same songs. No matter how often I press shuffle, the same songs keep popping up in the same order.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @johannesdedoper,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience with the app.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling. If that doesn't make a difference, you can try adding/ removing a song from your Liked Songs.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @johannesdedoper,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience with the app.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling. If that doesn't make a difference, you can try adding/ removing a song from your Liked Songs.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I have deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPhone  3xs now and still, I cannot shuffle my liked song AND ever since the first deletion I can no longer search my liked songs.

Please advise.

Hey there @eleanorlucille

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, is this only happening with your Liked songs or with all your playlists? Also, we'd like to know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one. 

On another note, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your device and check if the same happens with a different account?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This issue is still not solved for me, and I tried all the suggested solutions above (clean re-installations, adding/removing songs from liked songs). Happens on both my Android app and Linux desktop.

Extremely frustrating. I haven't 1400 songs to the liked ones just to hear the same ones over and over again.

Suggested posts