Basic - details

Spotify Premium

UK

Honor 9

Android 9

PS4

Xbox one

Shuffle play  - it's broken / useless/

I have some large playlists 350+ songs  (lot of roadtrips)

so i hit shuffle play,   and off it goes 🙂

Then after about 20 songs it stops shuffling and repeats from the beginning of the shuffle

If i stop the shuffle, and restart, i will get another 20 songs  and then that shuffle will go back to its start point.

If i just select play from the beginning, - no problems it will play the playlist in it's entirety,  which is fine, but i get the same tracks over and over,  i want the variety of the shuffled play list.

it never used to do this  - so who's been having a software tinker , and how do you rectify it ?

6 Replies

Forgot to add, if i skip through the tracks after about 20 or so tracks , it seems to stutter and goes back to the start of the playlist - 

If i do it again its always the same point in the playlist  (20 tracks or so)

also happens to me on my Moto x4 and Windows Desktop machine.

Spoiler

(Win 10, Android 8.1)

I've been dealing with somewhat similar.

My liked Songs section does have 1600+ songs, but when i hit shuffle, it just picks songs from the first 150 in the latest added order. It didn't use to happen in 2016, but recently I've started noticing that. 

I think it has to do with the same issue that if i press ctrl+a it just selects 100 songs, not all songs in that playlist. (Which used to work, before the desktop app was changed)

Anyway, i don't think they will fix it. There are posts regarding shuffle complaints since 2012 haha. well, it's sad 

Re: Kuuhhaku42

I'm having the exact same issue recently, I hadn't noticed the select thing but that has made me pretty annoyed - I was going to try putting all my liked songs into a playlist to see if it would shuffle from the whole selection there instead, but that's now impossible as I can't select them all to add them. This has essentially made the liked songs feature useless...

Just a further update, I posted a new thread on this specific issue (with the only selecting and shuffling top 100) and while looking into it, found that messing around with scrolling down, selecting all, and starting playing a song that's lower down with shuffle on, I managed to get it shuffling from all. In case that's handy for you whilst they hopefully (maybe not..) fix it.

Ive got the exact same thing **bleep** and it depends on which song you start with. So for example if I scroll down and press on an older song and shuffle the next song, it will be one of the 100 or so songs that are around it. It's ridiculous. I just want to listen to a random song from my library.

Suggested posts