Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sleep timer only works when not casting to another device?

Solved!

Sleep timer only works when not casting to another device?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung TAB S7+

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

when I listen on the tablet, the sleep timer works. However, when I am listening on another device through Spotify connect, the sleep timer does not function. The songs just keep playing. However, if I wait past the time that it was supposed to stop, as soon as I open the Spotify app on my tab or phone, the music stops? Something odd going on here. How do I get it to stop playing using the sleep timer without having to open the app? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Crash7386,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

We can confirm that at the moment, due to the way the app is set up, the Sleep Timer isn't able to pause playback when connecting to another device.

However, we recommend having a look at this Idea suggesting the possibility to use the Timer along with the Connect feature.

You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE , that'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Crash7386,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

We can confirm that at the moment, due to the way the app is set up, the Sleep Timer isn't able to pause playback when connecting to another device.

However, we recommend having a look at this Idea suggesting the possibility to use the Timer along with the Connect feature.

You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE , that'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks much for the confirmation. I gave it my vote! 

Please re apply this feature and add the functionality. I used to use sleep timer when casting sleep relaxing music to fall sleep. Now I have to turn the music off myself and interrupt my sleep. Please fix ASAP

Still doesn’t work. Spotify has been “working on it” for years. You cannot use sleep timer while connected. I’m sure it’s to appease advertisers!! I want to lull to sleep with a meditation podcast and then BAM my ears are raped by someone else’s obnoxious commercial. It’s by design. The only solution I found is to ignore their crappy “connect” feature and just use apple airplay instead. It works fine with the timer. Discover weekly is the ONLY thing keeping me on this awful platform. 

Suggested posts