Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Smart Offline Mode for Mobile Apps

Solved!

Smart Offline Mode for Mobile Apps

My smart phone constantly says i'm offline and I always have my WiFi on. Either way, I have premium & my offline setting is on and it never plays any of my music. I have read several articles on here, tried everything, and nothing helped. I want direct help because nothing is working and I'm paying for my account for nothing.
Screenshot_20170309-010025.png
Screenshot_20170309-010021.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Sydneylove and welcome to our Community!

That's not cool and we'll help you out.

1. Restart your device.
  2. Make sure your Internet connection is working properly.
  3. Reinstall Spotify.
  4. Check your firmware is up to date. Please first make sure to backup your data.
     - Tap the button of Configuration in Your Library.
     - Scroll and tap About Phone/Tablet.
     - Tap System Updates.
     - If an update is available, tap Install Now - after the update is downloaded your device will restart.
     - Open Spotify again.

Let us know if you see any difference. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Sydneylove and welcome to our Community!

That's not cool and we'll help you out.

1. Restart your device.
  2. Make sure your Internet connection is working properly.
  3. Reinstall Spotify.
  4. Check your firmware is up to date. Please first make sure to backup your data.
     - Tap the button of Configuration in Your Library.
     - Scroll and tap About Phone/Tablet.
     - Tap System Updates.
     - If an update is available, tap Install Now - after the update is downloaded your device will restart.
     - Open Spotify again.

Let us know if you see any difference. 

I've done all these things and more & it still doesn't work when I'm not connected to wifi and sometimes even when I am connected. Everything is up to date & it still does not work.

Erm... you do reallise that you need to download music to listen offline? Described in detail here.

All that music is downloaded in my library. It said its not available and this is what it looks like right now. As soon as I leave an area where I no longer have WiFi connection it does not play anymore music.
Screenshot_20170317-160512.png

Nothingon that screenshot has been downloaded. Music in your library is not the same as downloading. Follow the steps in the link I posted to download some music (under the android section) and see how it goes.

Suggested posts