Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Google Pixel 3a

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Essentially, when I listen to a song through my speakers using Spotify connect, the progress bar stops at the end and the live time stamp of the song continues to increase past the actual song length. This causes my phone to lose control over what's playing, and I need to disconnect and reconnect with the speaker if I want to change anything. This is particularly annoying since I use last.fm, and at the moment scrobbling only works if I reconnect for every single song. The picture attached clearly shows the probIem. I would greatly appreciate any help!

Screenshot_20210204-091430~2.png
6 Replies

Hi @Al_Gore,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you give us a bit more info on the speaker you're using and how you're connected - Bluetooth/WIFi/Cable etc.

Also, does this happen if you're not using Last.fm or streaming from another device like a computer or the web player while connected to the same speaker.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Alex,

The speaker I am using is a Majority Homerton Digital Speaker and am corrected to it via wi-fi. Turning off scrobbling on last.fm didn't make any difference, and when connected using a laptop a similar glitch occurred where I lost control of what was playing on the speaker.

Hey @Al_Gore

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Could you let us know if this is only happening while you're listening to Last.fm or when you're listening to other content as well?

Also, we suggest that you make sure that your speaker's firmware is up-to-date. 

If it is, would you mind sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

@Al_Gore, I had the same problem today--the progress bar continued past the end of the song and nothing else would play. I also had it where I couldn't change my music on my desktop app and had to open the app on my phone to regain control, despite not starting the music from there.

I find Spotify to be incredibly glitchy when used between devices or cast to a speaker (for me, a Google Home group), which is my most common use case. Music will randomly stop playing, or I'll lose control of what is playing, and the only solution is to restart the app and reconnect to the speaker. My wifi is great and this isn't a problem with any other casting services.

An aside: I tried to reply to this thread once already, but was ironically presented with an "unknown error has occurred" message. Come on, Spotify! You've cornered the market, shut down the competition, and are collecting an unknown but surely significant amounts of data about users and usage. Now do your part and deliver--and no, Spotify Unwrapped does not count as delivering.

Same issue here today, Latest Spotify app on Android 11 connected to bluetooth headphones:

- I opened the App on the phone and started a song from the home screen

- I turned my bluetooth headphones on, which automatically connected to my phone. The audio output then switched from the phone to my headphones. All good so far!

- After the song ends, the music goes quiet. No song is playing. I check my phone, thinking that for some weird reason, Spotify is not playing a playlist but a single song.

- UGLY BUG: Despite the silence in the output, the app is actually playing: the timer lapses beyond the end of the track (e.g. Playinh 4:10 out of 3:09). Apart from the play/pause button, which stops the timer, the App buttons are not responsive anymore: tapping Next, Previous, Love ... does nothing. 

- I had to kill the app and restart it. The home screen has lost track of which song was playing before I killed the App. I always had connectivity. 

Funnily enough, posting this report also showed an issue with the forum :facepalm:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2.
Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Return to my original page

Hey there @jb07,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

This thread used to generally revolve around this not working with Spotify Connect. This is why we wanted to doublecheck if your issue persist with other Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connected devices?

Here we'd suggest clearing your Spotify cache and checking your Android OS version for updates.
Unpairing and linking the devices again could also help!

Lastly, thank you for reporting the error message you've received on the Community web site. We'll forward the info to the right people in our team.

We'll be on the lookout for your response.

Many thanks.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts