NEXT STEP

[Android] Spotify notification player acts like multiple songs are playing

[Android] Spotify notification player acts like multiple songs are playing

Device

Galaxy Z Fold 2

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

For the last several weeks, I've been dealing with a really annoying issue with my Spotify player, and it only seems to be getting worse. Around beginning December, my pull down notification Spotify player started acting as if two songs were playing from the client: the song I was listening to and another song I had favorited. If I tried playing the song I favorited, it would simply start playing the other song again, but keep both the bars up. I tried unfavoriting the song and uninstalling/reinstalling Spotify, and nothing seemed to even be close to working. More recently (within the last two or three days), another player showed up with yet another song that I had favorited. The first file (Alien Blues) is the only one of the players that can actively be interacted with. This is getting really annoying, especially if they keep multiplying. Please help.

Screenshot_20211225-015143_One UI Home.jpg
Screenshot_20211225-015153_One UI Home.jpg
Screenshot_20211225-015200_One UI Home.jpg
3 Replies

Hey @ButteredCorn,

Thanks for reaching out!

Try the following:

• Run a clean reinstall of the app, following this Guide. This will make sure all app data and cache is cleared before reinstalling.
  • Check in your phone's settings that the app is granted all Permissions.
  • Make sure that there is no duplicate Spotify apps. This can sometimes occur if you're transferring your info from one phone to another or updating your OS.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Will my playlist get erased too?

Hey @Adnan_akbar,

Thanks for posting here.

No worries. Running a clean reinstall doesn't affect the content that you've saved in your account.

You'll need to download the content if you want to play it in offline mode.

Hope this sheds some light on the matter. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts