Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs Not Playing

Songs Not Playing

Hi Spotify, 

There is a new album I am keen to play, but 3/4 songs will not play - some will start then stop after 7 seconds, others won't play at all, despite the pause icon suggesting that they are. 

Needless to say I have tried restarting the app, reinstalling the app and switching my phone on and off. 

These songs are Fenech Soler's new album - Kaleidoscope - I would appreciate any help regarding this. 

Thanks, 

4 Replies

Having this same issue, seems to most affect new or newly added albums. It's like it's trying to retrieve the data from storage, and isn't able to retreieve it fast enough.

Sometimes if i attempt to play all the songs through i can get more of the earlier tracks, but not always. Doesn't seem to affect a vast majority of the catalog, but being new releases it's quite frustrating.

I've noticed the issue on both desktop and on my mobile in separate network locations. 

Sometimes if i switch from desktop to mobile or visa versa it resolves, indicating that caching is possibly compounding the issue. 

Albums i've noticed this on

16 Volt - The Negative Space

Trentemoller - Fixion
KMFDM - ROCKS
Melotron - Weerkschau (old album, but i think newly added to spotify)

Obviously this also makes listening to the Release Radar playlist near impossible.

Exactly the same for me; having difficulty playing new music, including Kishi Bashi. Ten seconds in every song stops loading. 😞

having the same issue as you guys and with downloading  it as it just doesnt work

Seems  to be resolved now 🙂

Suggested posts