Songs Repeat in Queue and Others Disappear

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8 & Samsung Galaxy S7

My Question or Issue

We listen to Spotify through Yamaha Musicast speakers and on occasions when we're simply searching for different artists and songs (as opposed to a Playlist), we "add to queue". The queue populates and all appears in order until a song will repeat. If you then hit skip, a large proportion of the other songs in the queue disappear and are lost. 

I've looked at all options within the app itself and I can't see anything that would cause this and I can't find any evidence of this happening to anyone else! Any suggestions would be very welcome! 

8 Replies

Hey @Deebsx,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

First up, could you try restarting your device? I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. If that didn't do the trick, please try performing a quick clean reinstallation of the app by following these steps. This usually helps with many ongoing issues like this.

If you're still having trouble, can you confirm how you are connecting to the Yamaha Musicast speakers? Are you using Bluetooth, an Aux cable, or Spotify Connect? Also, does this issue only occur when your listing to music using the Yamaha Musicast speakers, or does it happen in other situations as well?

Let me know how it goes — I'll be here in case you need any further help 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Noah, 

Many thanks for coming back to me so quickly! 

Ok, restart and reinstall carried out but the problem seems to persist. Interestingly, I've just tried an hour of "queueing" and just listening on my device with no issues at all, which suggests it's only when connecting to the Musicast Speakers. 

We connect to them via Spotify Connect and actually do so via the Yamaha Musiccast App having first turned the speakers on via the same app. 

I also note that during playback, my phone will show "now playing" incorrectly. Instead of the actual song it will show whatever song was first in the queue. 

Again, only when listening via the Musicast speakers. 

Hey @Deebsx,

Could you please confirm the following?

1. Does this issue only occur only when you're listing to music using the Yamaha MusicCast speakers, or does it happen on other Spotify Connect devices as well?

2. If not, can you try doing the same but login using a different account?

3. If the other account also doesn't work, then try resetting the Yamaha speakers.

Looking forward to your response 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Hey Noah, 

Unfortunately I don't have any other Spotify Connnect devices to try but I can confirm that it would appear to only be when using Spotify Connect with the Yamaha speakers. For instance I tried creating a queue and listening via Bluetooth in my car and had no problems. 

We have 3 Yamaha Musicast speakers and the problem persists individually or when grouped. 

Again, unfortunately i don't have access to another Spotify account to try. 

Is it possible to connect via Bluetooth to the Musicast speakers and avoid having to use Spotify Connect? 

Hey @Deebsx,

Thanks for trying that!

Next, can you have a family member of yours log into their Spotify account on your device and see if the same issue occurs?

Also, you can connect to the speakers and play audio from your device in the same way you do in their car, as long as your speakers support Bluetooth. If you're not sure if they do, or if you have any trouble connecting, I'd recommend getting in touch with Yahama for assistance.

Keep me posted 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

I have the same problem. My receiver is the Yamaha RX-A1070 FC5330. I connect with the spotify app on an iphone XS Max (ios 12.4.1). I chose the receiver from the Spotify app. That all works fine. But when I use the queue fuction, I have the same song repeat and disappear problem as Deebsx. It's been happening for a while (same on my old my iphone 6s). I don't use musiccast.

I have the exact same problem with my Yamaha Ysp 2700 soundbar and Samsung galaxy s9 phone when using Spotify Connect. 

When add songs to the queue, they repeat themselves and sometimes it shows the wrong song playing. Everything is fine when I listen to songs on my phone.

Does anyone has an answer? Thanks! 

Hey @Watdanjoh,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

First up, please check to make sure that your speaker has the latest firmware, and install any available updates. Next, please try restarting your router and the Yamaha speaker.

If that doesn't do the trick, please try using a different network to see if that makes a difference. For example, you could create a hotspot on your phone and connect the devices to that network.

Let me know how it goes — I'll be here in case you need any further help 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Suggested posts